Does anyone else get just a tad depressed after the holidays are over?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Dec 29, 2001.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Know what I mean? The presants have all been opened, the turkey has been picked clean and is now nothing more than a smelly pile of bones in your fridge, the tree has come down and now lies bare on your curb with little remaining strands of tinscel hanging from it's withering branches, the lights on the house all gone, and a feeling of sadness comes over you.
    Now, maybe it's just that Christmas is such a joyous time of year, and when it's over, you know that the world will get back to the same boring routine again, who knows. But I know I get just a little blue seeing the hoildays go, don't you?

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

yeah..

I don't really like the holidays (ok I hate them) but at least it's something to look forward to, after it's over there's nothing for months and months to look forward to.

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

What Philip said. Oh, to be a kid again! That's when I really enjoyed Christmas...

4. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Yeah yeah I'm very depressed now why aren't those Jamie Pressly pics opening up in your boner thread, eh John?[​IMG]
    -Horny Steve, left with food in mouth-
    (A crossover thread, it happens)[​IMG]

5. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Yes John, a little bit. Although Christmas time does not have the impact it used to have when I was a kid, I still get a little depressed after Christmas.

But cheer up, it should be a great year for movies and DVD's!

6. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Actually, I cheer up a bit after Christmas. The in-laws leave [​IMG]
    Although it is now hard to use Christmas as a weapon to keep the kids good [​IMG]

7. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I love the holidays and winter time. I wish it would snow more here. I guess I feel a little depressed, not because the holiday season is just about over, I'm depressed that BUFFALO, New York got more snow in one night than we have had all year. [​IMG]
    Jon

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I relieved because I'm a bit bored, finally got back home from my parents' place and just settling back into the normal routine. I will enjoy going back to work for about... 2 hours and then I'll be going "damn, I wish I were still on holiday."

9. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

Not until the Mastercard statement arrives...[​IMG]

10. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    Oh hell no... The traffic starts and clears up. You can find a spot in the mall parking lot when you are attempting to pick up something minor. People aren't running around in panick. It get's so much better after the holidays!

11. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
    I guess I'm a kid at heart. I too got a little sad Friday knowing that Saturday the tree and all the decorations were on their way back to the attic.
    I really enjoyed this Christmas this year. It was our 3 month old girls first Christmas and even though she has no clue what's up, she was spoiled rotten by "Santa"!
    I also really enjoyed turning off the lights in the house and just leaving the Xmas tree lights on to sit and relax too while watching TV and stuff.
    I found myself stepping back and looking at the tree one last time Friday eve and thinking how much fun I've had over the last few weeks (I've been on vacation since the 24th).
    Oh well, everything is packed away now waiting until next year when things will be even more exciting since our daughter will be just over a year old and running around pulling on the cats' tails and wanting to yank everything off the tree! [​IMG]
    Oh well, here's to a Happy and healthy new year to all!!

12. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

No, I don't "do" Christmas so I don't get depressed at all when it's over. I do enjoy all the time off work, though. [​IMG]

13. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

14. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

I feel MUCH better when the holidays are over. The song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" should be:

"It's the Most STRESSFUL Time Of the Year!" I must admit, I am a bit of a grinch.

15. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I have always gotten depressed on Christmas night after it is all over, and the streets are still quiet. I usually just end up taking the tree and decorations down so that I don't have to be reminded of the fact that it is all over. But I am a kid at heart, so I always look forward to next year!

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Yeah, I'm so depressed that I went into work when I didn't have to! Actually since my cable modem is out, I get to do some high speed surfing while everyone else is away. [​IMG]

17. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I'm one of those grinches about the Xmas holidays. It's actually a depression that kicks in around a week after Thanksgiving or the first time I hear Blue Christmas by Elvis on the radio, whichever comes first. By Dec. 15th, I actually start having unexplainable crying jags and sometimes have to go hide for a while.
    I have a lot of bad memories associated with the Holiday season, and they all come flooding back and make my life miserable until after New Years.
    I don't decorate for Christmas, or even get a tree--it would only make the blues worse if I did.
    Usually a week or two after Christmas I buy myself a little present to lift my spirits, or plan a few days off just to be by myself with just my animals for company spending a couple of evenings with my latest ex, who's still my best friend.