What's new

Does anyone else agree that AICN's site looks awful? (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
As a longtime reader of AICN, I appreciated Dan & Vince's comments. The one thing that does keep me coming back is Harry's unabashed love for film, and the fact that all he wants is for films - all films - to be good. Yeah, he's made a few mistakes (the Oscar fiasco a couple of years back) and he lapses into bad taste more than occasionally (his current review of Blade II must be read to be believed), but he's a passionate advocate for good movies, he has an enyclopedic knowledge of his subject, and that's good enough for me.
Yeah, his site design sucks. However, I get the impression that he takes a perverse pride in the site's backwardness. And Talkback will never go away; again, he seems to enjoy the free-wheeling nature of the discussions even though most of them degenerate into name-calling. You can read the site's content without ever delving into Talkback, so I don't understand the point of complaining about it. Heck, I've even posted a few rants there (as Morbo) - it's a great place to let off steam!! ;)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Heck, I remember when the current design was considered a brand-spankin'-new design for the sight. The previous site design was much simpler, but a lot less ugly, IMO.

Haven't been there in ages though(excluding today to see the design). I just got sick of the hype.

-Dave

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I have never been to that site but can honestly say their design sucks a$$!!!

Time for a new web designer!

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Jeffrey amazing psychic abilities there.

While the site isn't the prettiest I feel it's functional, and if I don't want to read the talkbacks I don't. And as for cutting out the 'rumours', well isn't that half the point of the site?

I've been reading ever since he did the '20 questions with Peter Jackson' a few years ago.

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
After so many people commented upon it, I went to the site to read the Blade 2 review. What could all the fuss be about?
I only have the following to say:
:eek:

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
The AICN Talkback section makes me really appreciate all that's great about the Home Theater Forum! Namely, I am glad that this site cares enough to monitor itself! We can have serious, in-depth conversations here without fear of being flamed by whoever feels like being obnoxious. I can't read AICN talkbacks or take them seriously because no one is in charge or cares. It's like reading graffiti on a bathroom wall!
HOME THEATER FORUM RULES! :) :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
AINt it cool is an occassional visit for me.

joblo took a minute or so to load thruogh my cable internet service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks