What's new

Does anyone actually OWN HTD Level II's? (1 Viewer)

DaveN

Grip
I have come to the unhappy time in my life when one of my main speakers has developed quite a hiss and crackle. This is a system that I take with me from coporate apartment to corporate apartment. Money is definitely an object. I can get a 5 speaker set of HTD Level II's for $279 right now.

I've searched this forum and have found many places where folks recommend them as a low cost alternative. However, I have not seen anyone post a review or relate any personal experiences. So.....are there any?

Also, I could move up to the Level III's for an additional $150. Is that worth the extra money?

Thanks for the help. Oh, FWIW, I am driving the speakers with the Onkyo 494 from last year.

David

Lorenzo K

Agent
I have the HTD level 3 mains and they are pretty good. For prof reviews check out cnet, cheaphometheater.com and etown. HTD's website have links to them. For user reviews you can try audioreview.com

Sebastian

Second Unit
I like the level II 5.1 speakers but stay away from the sub. The sub is ported to 50Hz. way too high for HT use.
Go with the sony sub, audio source 15" or the JBL Pb-10 if you want to stay around the $200 price range

DaveN

Grip
Thanks for the input. My existing sub is the Sony SAWM40. It has served me quite well over the last 18 months and I have no intention of replacing it in this system.

FWIW, I pulled the trigger on the speakers and will provide a review sometime this week. My expectations are that they will outperform my current speakers (mismatched yamaha's - 6yrs old) but that they will not be anywhere near as good as my B&W CDM's. duh. More details to follow.

David

Users who are viewing this thread