What's new

Does Anybody Remember 'James at 16'? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Would anybody support a DVD release? As I recall, 'James' was a pretty realistic look at the life of a so-called typical high school student. I would like to watch the episodes again today to see if the episodes still hold up as 'realistic', or whether they now appear dated. Also, I wonder what the 'Freaks and Geeks' crowd would think of 'James'.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Yes, I remember this show, but I remember it as James at 15. It starred Lance Kerwin. I watched a couple of the episodes many years ago. The title was eventually changed to James at 16.

I had forgotten that Kim Richards (of Nanny And the Professor fame) was in this show.

I've now been reminded of another show that came out a few years ago, with the title of Fifteen. This one was on for a couple of seasons. I don't remember too much about it.

http://www.tv.com/fifteen/show/291/summary.html

http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-24

BTW, when looking this series (James At 15) up, I was surprised to learn that it debuted back in the late 1970s. The thirty year anniversary may be as good a time as any to start thinking about a release.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The title was changed to 16 after James lost his virginity to a Swedish exchange student, a plot development that was not without controversy in the 70s. Whatever the actual experience of today's teens, the show done in our times would probably start out as "James at 17" on network TV, and "James at 13" on HBO.

Alan_H

Stunt Coordinator
Lucky bastard!

Actually, I used to love that show and would definitely buy it if released on DVD.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Consider, though, that the show went off the air not long after James "did it," and that star Lance Kerwin is now an evangelical Christian. James may not have old enough to handle the responsibilty.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
This show is always requested. I'm surprised a Shout! Factory hasn't picked it up. I don't think they would face the dreaded "music" clearances either.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Too bad it got cancelled...where would we be this season, James at 48?? :D

Jon

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Yes, I remember liking this show when it first aired, and would be interested in seeing it come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lockheede
Recent bookmarks