Does anybody own the Wavecom or other wireless video system?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Aug 8, 2001.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I am looking to share the wonders of Tivo beyond the living room and was seriously looking at the Wavecom SR. The Wavecom is the only model (that I know of) that has a built in IR remote extender.
    Does anyone have any experience with Wireless Audio/Video systems? Is the sound and video OK? Anything else I should look for?
    ------------------
    "Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

300+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

2. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

I once got a 900Mhz version and found it to be less then satisfactory. It was only about 25 - 30 feet away and the video was very bad, to the point I didn't want to watch it. There were also intermittent noises in the audio. As a result I returned it, and ran wire under the base boards.
    ------------------
    - Wes
    My Home Theater
    The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

3. Chris White

Chris White Second Unit

I have a wavecom sr and it works quite nicely. The transmitter is connected to one set of the a/v outputs on a Replay and the receiver is connected to a tv in my bedroom. The transmitter is separated from the receiver by 35 feet and one wall. The sound and picture are acceptable and the ir works perfectly.
    ------------------
    The Whites' Home Theater Website
    Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

4. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

I have the Jr. (2.4 Ghz) and it works great. I was feeding my aux. satellite output to a TV upstairs.
    Plus my satellite remote has UHF output as well as IR so I was able to lay in bed and switch the tuner downstairs.
    I used the stereo output for the TV so I can't say it will be splendid sound when fed to a regular HT setup.
    The pic and sound were just fine for the intended use. Plus it gives you the flexbility to use RF video output.
    For the 80 some bucks I paid it does the job.

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I used a Sr. for about 3 years. I finally bought a 2nd satellite receiver, so the Wavecom will probably be re-assigned music duties to the dining room.
    Anyway, it has always worked very well. I had it going about 50' and through numerous walls. On thing to note is that we recently bought a Pansonic 2.4GHz cordless phone and when the phone is in use, the video goes completely dead (no effect on the phone though).
    ------------------

6. Jim Badger

Jim Badger Agent

I use the Radio Shack 2.4GHz wireless system mostly for audio sent to my garage, but occasionally video too. I think it does a pretty nice job.
    2.4GHz Wireless Room-to-Room A/V Link