1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody own the Wavecom or other wireless video system?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasenP, Aug 8, 2001.

1. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I am looking to share the wonders of Tivo beyond the living room and was seriously looking at the Wavecom SR. The Wavecom is the only model (that I know of) that has a built in IR remote extender.
    Does anyone have any experience with Wireless Audio/Video systems? Is the sound and video OK? Anything else I should look for?
    ------------------
    "Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

300+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.

2. Westly T

Westly T Second Unit

I once got a 900Mhz version and found it to be less then satisfactory. It was only about 25 - 30 feet away and the video was very bad, to the point I didn't want to watch it. There were also intermittent noises in the audio. As a result I returned it, and ran wire under the base boards.
    ------------------
    - Wes
    My Home Theater
    The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

3. Chris White

Chris White Second Unit

I have a wavecom sr and it works quite nicely. The transmitter is connected to one set of the a/v outputs on a Replay and the receiver is connected to a tv in my bedroom. The transmitter is separated from the receiver by 35 feet and one wall. The sound and picture are acceptable and the ir works perfectly.
    ------------------
    The Whites' Home Theater Website
    Pictures, DIY Projects, Glossaries, FAQ, Links, Toshiba Tips & Tweaks

4. DaleB

DaleB Stunt Coordinator

I have the Jr. (2.4 Ghz) and it works great. I was feeding my aux. satellite output to a TV upstairs.
    Plus my satellite remote has UHF output as well as IR so I was able to lay in bed and switch the tuner downstairs.
    I used the stereo output for the TV so I can't say it will be splendid sound when fed to a regular HT setup.
    The pic and sound were just fine for the intended use. Plus it gives you the flexbility to use RF video output.
    For the 80 some bucks I paid it does the job.

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I used a Sr. for about 3 years. I finally bought a 2nd satellite receiver, so the Wavecom will probably be re-assigned music duties to the dining room.
    Anyway, it has always worked very well. I had it going about 50' and through numerous walls. On thing to note is that we recently bought a Pansonic 2.4GHz cordless phone and when the phone is in use, the video goes completely dead (no effect on the phone though).
    ------------------

6. Jim Badger

Jim Badger Agent

I use the Radio Shack 2.4GHz wireless system mostly for audio sent to my garage, but occasionally video too. I think it does a pretty nice job.
    2.4GHz Wireless Room-to-Room A/V Link