What's new

Does anybody make a wireless transmitter system for cable coax? (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I've only found line systems (video/audio l/r), but am definitely looking for a coax system so that I can use the proper tuner on my TV and don't have to go to another room to change the channel.

A little help here...?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Well the normal CATV coax service signal is Radio Frequency already. No, you cannot just hook an antenna to it but you would need a RF transmitter. Then just a simple antenna on the remote TV could pick it up.

But now you are technically re-broadcasting copyrighted material, you could interfear with neighbors antenna signal, and in-effect re-broadcasting material for free that your cable TV company wants to charge for. (Can of worms).

Since you mention "going to the other room to change the channel", why not one of those universal remotes with a RF extender. This way you can sit in the other room and control the TV/Tuner several rooms away?

You can get IR extenders or just buy the unit at Radio Shack that comes with the IR extender. A few weeks ago this $79 unit was on sale for $49.

Or, just run coax room-to-room with a splitter.

Hope this helps.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The splitter idea was first on my mind, but I live in apartment building that is not very extension friendly, based on the outlet location and no room to feed a wire btween the wall dividing my bedroom from the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks