What's new

Does anybody know the frequency response of the Bose 701 series IV speakers?? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Ah, Thomas... check out the post script on my first reply to this thread. Beat you to it! :)
------------------
-J.Fo

Dale B

Stunt Coordinator
What is it you people say all the time,let your ears decide.Well when Hector said they sound great,and the castaway scene blew him away,I would think his ears did decide.Now all of a sudden he is taking them back,for what reason,because you people told them they aren't any good.Hector if you like them keep them,but don't take them back just because you hear they aren't any good.I guess this didn't answer your question though,sorry.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Now all of a sudden he is taking them back,for what reason,because you people told them they aren't any good.
Ok, Lets get it right then. Take them back so that you can get better for the same amount of money, or maybe less.
------------------
RobertD.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Mickey Brown

Stunt Coordinator
Hector,
This newsgroup is full of ex Bose owners. Don't feel bad. For $750 you can get Paradigm Monitor 7's... The difference will be astronomical, believe me.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
For $750 you can get Paradigm Monitor 7's... The difference will be astronomical, believe me.
I have a pair of M7s and agree that the difference will probably be huge, but I also only paid $500 for mine. For $750 I could have thrown in the cc-170 or a pair of titans for surrounds. I think Paradigm rocks, and their prices are great too.
------------------
My Website: Link Removed
e-mail me: [email protected]
My DVD Profiler
Paradigm Lover

Amit Patel

Agent
I have a Bose AM 15 speakers with Power sub with sony STR-DA555ES receiver, I am happy with the Bose speakers. I noticed most forum friends do not like Bose, they have some kind of vengeance with Bose speakers. Do not believe someone who has just heard about Bose and have not experienced or own it. I do believe that newer model like AM 15 with Power sub are good speakers, I know this because I own it, if you happen to be in the Bowie, MD areas, feel free to experience it bring your favorite DVD and experience yourself.

Steve_D

Second Unit
SATELLITES BASS MODULE
Frequency Response:
Sats- 280 Hz to 13.3 kHz ±10.5 dB
Bass module- 46 Hz to 202 Hz ±2.3 dB
Sensitivity (SPL at 1 meter)* 85.1 dB N/A
Impedance (minimum/nominal) 5.3/8 ohms N/A
Bass Limits (-3/-6 dB) 280/220 Hz
Amit,
Above I posted the S&V test results from your AM15 cubes. Note a few things.
1) Where is the 200 through 280 HZ range? Neither the satellites nor the bass module cover it!
2) +-10.5 DB for the satellites! only up to 13.3 KHZ?
3) Sensitivity is way low for their market segment.
Here's another review, I couldn't say it better myself!
http://www.geocities.com/trustnoho/speaker5frames.html
Now, I'm not ripping on you, it's just that Bose get ripped on for reason!
------------------
Link Removed

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
You know, my parents just bought a BOSE system, with the sub and all (before I started visiting this forum) about 6 months ago.
I have to admit, for movies, I think they sound great. Even though the bass could be better, they arent bad. Now im not saying you cant buy better for cheaper, im just sayin that they arent "bad" for movies.
What I WILL say is that they sound like s#it for music. I listen to rock and roll and when I put my Pearl Jam CD in there it sounded like pure crap.
All Im saying is to evaluate them on how you listen and what you listen to. Like you said, you loved them with Castaway. So if all you do is watch Castaway (which probably isnt the case), theyre the speakers for you.
So go out to your local dealer and bring a CD that you like. Im sure theyll let you auditon them.
Good Luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks