Does anybody know anything about the new Sony DVP-NS315/S?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Bing, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Steve Bing

Steve Bing Auditioning

Apr 21, 2002
    After repeated skipping troubles with rented disks on my Panasonic RV31, I was looking to buy the Sony NS300 @ 150 but I stubled onto the Sony website and came across this new version of it(?), the NS315. This does everything the NS300 does and plays CDr/RWs at the same price. The thing is, I can't find any information on this player so I am a bit skeptical to purchase it, specially from an online retailer. If anybody has any experience or information about this it will be much appreciated.
  2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mar 28, 2000
    Steve, welcome to the Forum. The 'NS315 is out yet, so there isn't much information on it as yet. To get an idea of when it will be available, check Crutchfield's web site every so often. Their web site is an excellent source of information on new products. In addition, they recently added a feature that approximates when a new or out-of-stock item will be available. Best of luck.
  3. Darren Pillans

Darren Pillans Second Unit

Feb 25, 2000
    I am facing an almost identical dilemma.
    I've wanted the best quality entry model DVD player for a while now.
    I've tried the Toshiba 1300, Panasonic 31 and Pioneer 344.
    Whether it was the color accuracy, the remote, or the unit itself, I didn't like any of them.
    I too was getting the 300 but have decided to wait for the new Sony DVP-NS415. (next model above the 305)
    Why not the 305 you ask?
    The 305 does not have these features.
    1. Numbers on remote. (better CD/DVD track access)
    2. Optical out. (305 only has coaxial)
    3. In Australia the 305 only comes in Silver. (yuck!)
    The Dutch Amazon site has all the details of both players and pictures of the silver and black versions. (very helpful)
    Here's the link.
    Good luck.
    If this doesn't work just type in DVP-NS305 on Google. (it'll be the first link listed)
    P.S. Post again in this thread if you have any problems.