What's new

Does anybody know a program that converts MPEG2 to MPEG4? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just got a Dazzle unit, and i recorded a couple of short clips from my camcorder in the MPEG2 at the least compression (biggest files though)...
I want to make them smaller, and i heard that MPEG4 compresses it greatly, while not sacrificing quality...
So does anybody know a program or something that will convert MPEG-2 (.mpg files) to MPEG-4 video?
Thanks
------------------
The So Family Home Theater!
http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
Horoscope:
Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Check out http://www.vcdhelp.com - there is a lot of talk there about conversion from one format to another. Maybe you'll find something about MPEG2 to MPEG4 too - I don't know for sure, but it's a place to start looking!
------------------
/Kimmo

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Windows Media 7/8 are MPEG-4 based. Use that unless you need to convert it again to another format, in which case I would recommend the inferior hacked version, DiVX
Jeff Kleist

Steve Kramzer

Stunt Coordinator
Hah, an asf file from wmp 8 being better than divx, I needed a good laugh tonight. The current divx codec is far removed from the original hack codec. Its now much more advanced and contains no ms code, so its no longer an "illegal" codec.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks