What's new

Does anybody have this remote? Sony RM-VL1000 (1 Viewer)

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if it loses programming when changing batteries. I read a couple reviews that said it does. I sure hope it does not or I'll be mad. I also read a lot of reviews that said nothing about it losing programming. So does it save or lose programming? Thanks David

Cris K

Agent
Is that the big star trek looking one with the touch screen? (and without the arrow keys?)

If so- I have that one and I have changed the batteries without having to re-program anything. (I do however have mostly Sony components, but not all so I think it remembered everything and did not default back to Factory settings)

-cris

David Preston

Supporting Actor
No it's not a touch screen. It has a backlit display up top and button next to the display. I sure hope it saves the info.

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
According to the Sony Site, it should have non-volatile memory, so it does not even need a backup battery inside. I've had the VL900 for about 3 years now, it works great. My only complaint is that there is no backlight for the buttons, though by now, they're easy to figure out in the dark. It never loses memory during a battery change.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
I cannot remember which remote it is (it may not even be Sony) but there is one model that the batteries should be left out for a period of time when changing them. If you swap them too soon, it scrambles the memory.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I've been curious about this remote as well. Computer Geeks has it new for $40 + shipping. I'm up to seven individual remote controls, so it's probably time for a universal. :)

I do remember reading that you should wait about five minutes between removing the old batteries and installing the new ones.

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Well, I got the VL1000 yesterday. So far, here is my opinion on it.

LCD Display: Too much glare from the plastic screen cover, words hard to make out in normal lighting conditions. The back light is nice in the dark though.

Setup: A little awkward, setting the timer took a few tries, mainly because the display is hard to read.

I miss the protective rubber strip around the remote like the VL900 has.

What it needs: A way to program it through a PC software program!

I think I'll give this remote to one of my kids, and stick with the VL900.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks