Does anybody have the Greatest American Hero box set?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ajay C, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Has anybody bought and opened this item yet? I'm trying to find out if the outer metal box simply contains the 3 original season sets, or if the discs are collected in some other manner. I'm just not crazy about picking up a big, bulky box set like this when space is at a premium in my home, but I was unable to purchase the individual season sets before their fragile foil packaging became sufficiently crushed and dog-eared sitting on retail shelves. Can anybody help me out with any info? Thanks!

2. Charlie Kaus

Charlie Kaus Agent

It has the discs in their sim cases not the outer foil pacaging. I know it's bulky but I love it on top of my racks!

charlie

3. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Thanks, man. I can now better make a decsion on this matter. Much obliged.

4. Jeff#

Jeff# Screenwriter

I bought all 3 Greatest American Hero seasons in the cardboard packages, and none of them crushed. You just have to be more careful, and take the suit off when opening them! [​IMG]

5. Ajay C

Ajay C Auditioning

Thanks for the input, Jeff. I suppose the packages weren't so much crushed as they were scratched, scuffed, dented or otherwise shelfworn. Admittedly, I'm probably pickier than most about the condition of my DVD packaging. In fact, I went out the day of the recent DVD release of "Defenders of the Earth" just to find a fresh-from-the-case copy before they became sullied, yet failed to find one that didn't have a scratch on the cover, a pushed in corner, or some other small yet annoying defect. In the case of foil packaging (like the GAH individual season sets) the likelihood of locating a well-preserved copy decrease dramatically, since there is nothing so succeptible to wear and tear as shiny metallic cardboard. Again, I'm probably in the minority here and most consumers are (mecifully) not as particular as I, but it's gotten to the point that I've come to dread the release of any DVD set enclosed in cardboard packaging because I know that my chances of finding one in acceptible condition have dwindled from slim to slimmer.

Oh, as for the GAH box set -- believe it or not, I've hit no less than 12 retail locations and inspected well over 50 copies of the set in the past few weeks. And wouldn't you know it -- literally each and every one of these METAL boxes had at least one noticeable dent or scratch in it.

*sigh*

Anyway, that's me and my neuroses for ya. Your results may vary.