What's new

Does anybody have the Denon dvd 910? (1 Viewer)

Chad-St

Auditioning
Update on my Denon 910 problem. I brought the replacement 910 over to my friends house and plugged it into his Samsung 30 inch widescreen HDTV. We tested a few movies and it played perfectly. We didn’t see any of trace of the problem that I see on my TV. So, that would suggest that it’s a problem with my TV.

Back at my house, I tried my other friends progressive DVD player again and yet again, it worked just fine. I tested some 480p and 720p Xbox games and they looked fine too. Actually, Soul Calibur 2 in 720p looked more than fine, it looked awesome. Too bad it was only the demo. So anyway, the TV seems to be working just fine with progressive scan.

It sounds really stupid to me, but it looks like the Denon 910 has some compatibility issues with the Sony 34XBR800, or at least MY 34XBR800. I can’t prove that either one is broken since I’ve seen both work just fine.

I’m going to return the 910 again and just get a refund. The Sony 34XBR800 is a popular TV so I’m thinking someone out there will also encounter the problem (if there is one). In the meantime, I’ll just stick with my old DVD player.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Chad thanks again. Thanks for the updated info. I think this will be the DVD player for me. Fits nicely in my price range with good quality. Thats weird that it don't work right with you TV only.

NateB

Auditioning
I just picked up the DVD-910 yesterday, and I'm having the EXACT same problem Chad was having when I hook it up to my Sony KV-34XBR910 via component jacks + progressive scan setting. Happens with A Bug's Life and The Simpson's: Season 3 dvds.
Chad, I too have an email in to Denon support, so I'll let you know if I hear anything back from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks