What's new

Does anybody drive a Cooper..not a mini? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I know that the car supposedly weighs something like ~2700lbs for the convertible vrs ~2500lbs for the coupe, isn't too bad. My MR2 weighs 2200lbs as a convertible but I know Toyota did a lot to keep the weight down like have a manual top, seats. It's like 20lbs lighter than a stock Miata.

I had a BMW 328i once, had to use the roadside assistance once too when my water pump died. The time and service was pretty good, IME, they flatbed'ed it to the local BMW dealership which was actually where I bought it from.

They bought a warehouse on the other side of the highway and a little bit north and converted it to a Mini dealership when the coopers first came out, I remember watching them renovate the place and then one day they had a row of Mini Coopers lined up next to the highway...

Jay

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks Mary. I'm going to the Carmax dealer here in Irvine tomorrow, they are transporting it from their LA store so I can drive it and see it. If it does fine it's sold. I cannot wait, been wanting one of these for years.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, here she is, picked her up Saturday morning. 2003, 5 speed, 49k miles in excellent condition. Got a 4 year / 48k bumper-to-bumper warranty with it. What a blast, this is the most fun I've ever had driving.

No sign of a stutter / bog bug, she drives beautifully.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
"What a blast" ...it is...isnt' it :D

Drat, I can't see your pics, I'm having trouble since the forum upgraded. Sometimes I see them - sometimes I don't. If I enable scripting I can see a portion, but others still display the red x.

It's good to have the warrenty, parts are expensive! What color set is it??

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Heh, back in junior college (sixth form to you Andrew; 11th/12th grade to the Americans) the rugby team did something similar to the PE teacher's Mini as a Teachers' Day prank, hauling it into the middle of the rugby/football field, which was surrounded by a running track and had a grandstand along one length; IIRC it was impossible to drive onto the field because of drains or maybe kerbs (although presumably possible with access to planks or steel sheeting). Don't know how he got the car back onto the roads, maybe they carried it back for him.

Ron-P, that's gotta be British racing green, complete with racing stripes, yes?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
With the two tone paint it would not work plus I think it would be too much for the little car, make it a little to busy looking.

There is s sense of community feel amongst MINI owners out there. I passed 3 yesterday and they all waved and smiled at me.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
"There is s sense of community feel amongst MINI owners out there. I passed 3 yesterday and they all waved and smiled at me.' yes, but you will also begin to note ...most of the 'new' VW beattle owners....frown. :D
...you know these things can beat a ferrari on a slalom course...now the straight away........
have you got the runflats? Stiff but with added benefits for safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks