What's new

Does an AV Reciever render a cd or sacd transport moot (1 Viewer)

peter m. wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Btw thanks for the headsup re the speaker settings on the sacd player.
RE: the other stuff, Rick Johnson (who physically does the upgrades) at the Canadian office came over to setup my system prior to me getting my sacd player and we speak regularly so he would be my best resource.

As it happens Denon Jeff has been active lately at AVS, and has already hinted about some things. You might want to checkout the lastest Q & A's yourself in the special guest section over there. I think it might still be ongoing.

Peter m.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Peter,

Is there still something you don't understand about your upgraded 5800 and its operation relative to hirez audio? I ask because I see you are posting to DenonJeff and report your experience in this forum as "inconclusive".

There is nothing inconclusive about the 5800 (upgraded or not) and its handling of EXT-IN sources. Analog signals connected to EXT-IN go through the volume control and the tone controls and that's IT. From there there, the signals go to the 5800's amplifiers and out to your speakers.

There is NO digital processing available for these signals - no bass management, no time alignment, no nothing except volume and tone. Any digital processing that you wish to perform MUST be done in the player BEFORE the bitstream is converted to analog and output to the 5800. Your brother's setup is very, very different as the 5803 is able to redigitize and then apply digital processing to signals input on the EXT-INs.

Hope this helps you conclude.

Austin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks