What's new

Does a live version of The Wall from Pink Floyd exist? (1 Viewer)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I just read a book about the history of Pink Floyd and was wondering if they ever released a live concert of The Wall tour? I would love to see this concert on video, ld or dvd.

Anyone?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
The "Behind the Wall" documentary on VH1 had a lot of concert material--enough to make me think that the whole show had been filmed. But to date, the only complete release of the live show is the composite audio-only recording from the 1980-81 tour.

- Steve

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
From what I gathered, the people that shot THE WALL tour messed up badly and most of the footage was useless. Someone else able to confirm this?

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I have a bootleg vhs of one of the Nassau Collesium gigs. It's a four camera pro shot concert that is quite good. I always hoped that it could have been done cleaned up and released commercially. I have watched it more time than I have the movie. I like the movie but prefer the concert.;)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Man, I wish that concert would be released on DVD! Guess I'll just have to settle for Roger Waters' concert DVD for now.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I really didn't like that Berlin version of THE WALL; something about seeing Cindy Lauper and Sinead O'Conner singing Pink Floyd really creeped me out! :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
The last concert dates in London were shot on film, I think they might have even scheduled the concerts just so they could film them for inclusion in the movie. But they decided that the concert footage was unusable. I'm not sure if that means it was garbage from a technical standpoint or if they just decided after seeing it that it wasn't quite what they had in mind for the movie. But as a result they took a different narrative approach for the movie and the rest is history.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
That is probably the concert footage that was broadcast in the VH1 documentary. Clearly, much of the footage is usable, at least from an archival standpoint. I'm not looking to see a pristine concert experience at this point...I would just like to see a record of the concert, blemishes and all.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks