does a device exist that plays a screen saver type signal through an s-video port?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_B, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Paul_B

Paul_B Agent

odd request, I know but let me explain a little better. I have a lexicon MC-1 and I can assign a video signal to accompany any of the audio only sources such as CD or FM tuner. what I want to do is find some device that I can plug into the MC-1 as a video source that will generate moving video images to accompany the audio only on a given input. the reason I want to do this is because I will be using the multizone outputs of the MC-1 and all of the multizone stations will have to turn on a televesion for either picture & sound or just sound.

anyway, does such a device exist?

2. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Some DVD players (even some very cheap ones) go to a screen saver when no disc is in or when not used for a few minutes. A cheap one could be an option.

3. Paul_B

Paul_B Agent

yeah, my DV-09 does that but I don't want to leave it on all of the time.

would be neato if there was a device that created random images based on an audio input or something, kinda' like medai player in windows.

4. Steven Good

Steven Good Second Unit

Steven
    radio shack makes a smart media card reader with a composite video output cable, so you can look at digital pix on your tv screen. it has a remote to manually ff or rev, or choose slide show and it will do random wipes and transitions every 8 seconds or so. it's like $50, the cost of a cheap dvd player--you could burn pix on a cd-r and basically do the same thing...