What's new

Dodgeball anyone? (1 Viewer)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Dodgeball rulled. I would love to get it on a video game.

It was fun to beat the jocks. We had the small balls mixed with some bigger soccer size balls. The bigger one were hard to throw and control because of the size. Once I heaved one at a jock who tried to smother it with his body as he was bent over. A catch and I would be out. It went through his hands and caught him in his package. After about two minutes he got his wind and color back and players from both sides gave him and me a wide berth. He missed on the first throw, but hit my leg on the second. I was glad to leave the floor, and to his credit after that game he didn't come after me. A level of respect I appreciated and did not take advantage of.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Dodgeball was probably the one and only moment of glory I've ever had in school sports. It was back in fifth or sixth grade when this one game was played during lunch (we were masochists :) ). It was down to me and the kid from the other team, and we were dodging the ball like maniacs! The opposing team tried to hit me and missed. The lone player from the other team lost control of the loose ball and it fell in the hands of my teammates who have successsfully nailed his sorry ass!
It was the one and only time in my life I was ever carried off the field following a sporting event.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
In high school we played something called animal ball. We would setup goals (hockey nets) on either end of the gym. 2 teams of maybe 10, I can't remember. Used a dodgeball (or another ball that could bounce like a basketball). You could move with the ball but had to dribble, and were only allowed 2 dribbles then had to pass. Then shoot it in the net to score (there was a goalie). The animal part probably came from the checking. You could tackle (all this on a gym floor) and pull people down and check them into the gym walls. We had a divider down the middle of the gym that was a great wall to check against. I got shoved from behind into a door once. Luckily I reacted quick enough and hit the bar to open the door as I flew through it. I was probably one of the smallest in high school. But I was fast and had good hand-eye coordination. I once tried to pull down a guy from behind, he was twice my size and I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him down. They called the game right there. Sucked too because we were winning. Man that was fun, but brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks