What's new

Documentry Type Shows on DVD (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I got to thinking about this in the other thread about whether people would buy complete season sets of shows, this got me thinking what those type of shows like Sightings or America's Dumbest Criminals would you buy them in season sets or best of's. Now I love both shows and wqould love to see them come out but if they did I'd probably settle with Best Of's. But would everyone think would be the most practical?

These are some of the Documentry type shows I'd love to own episodes of.

Sightings
America's Dumbest Criminals
Unexplained Mysteries
Unsolved Mysteries
Some of the A&E or TLC Paranormal Shows/Specials

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
These would work better as individual episode or best-of releases. Take Biography for example. I'm not interested in 90% of the people profiled, but for the other 10%, I wouldn't mind owning. As great as the Kurt Cobain and Andre the Giant episodes were, I wouldn't splurge on a season set just to own them.

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I would love all episodes of the 1986-87 ABC documentary series "Our World" on DVD along with some other great one-shot documentaries ABC did during this era. "45/85" (which had a VHS release), "The Blessings Of Liberty" etc. were outstanding American history primers for their time.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Some, not all, episodes of Discovery Channel's Unsolved History make in onto DVD.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I'm looking forward to those releases especially the first couple. I never realized until reading the thing over at TVShowsOnDVD.com just how many episodes they produced.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think that press release should have said "stories" and not episodes.

2,500 episodes over 15 years would mean 166 episodes a year. That isn't likely.

Gord

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably get the "Scariest Ghost Stories" set.

I remeber staying up really late at my grandfathers country house in the summer when I was a kid, there was no cable and we got horrible reception, but I'd stay up and watch Unsolved Mysteries in the living room before my dad would force me to go to sleep. Than I'd end up lying awake in bed with that narrator's deep monotone voice in the back of my head all night, petrified to close my eyes...

I'll pick it up just for those memories...

:)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I doubt they'd overlap with some of the stories, the chances of a story on the UFO set being on the Ghost set is virtually nothing unless its some alien ghost thing that I somehow missed.

Gord, I thought that was pretty high and your way makes more sense, bad press release! Bad!!

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see...

The old show In Search Of...
Older Nova episodes
Older National Geographic shows

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks