What's new

Documentaries? A&E Networks: _The Hindenburg_ (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
There is a dearth of good documentary programming on DVD. And A&E Networks/The History Channel should commit its excellent Rip Torn-narrated documentary about the era of the great rigid airships, The Hindenburg, to DVD. This was an epic, romantic era in the history of aviation, and A&E's The Hindenburg is easily the finest film survey of an unforgettable time.

Please give us The Hindenburg on DVD.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I whole heartedly agree Mr Briggs. There is a great number of documentaries that I've seen on PBS, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, etc that I would dearly love to own. I imagine it is the old economics argument again.(the same one used by studios to keep catalog titles in the vault) Perhaps we need a thread with 100+ responses to get the attention of the people responsible for releasing documentaries. I, perhaps foolishly, bought the "Connections One" documentary for $395. But it was one of my first three MOST WANTED videos of any type! That was a large hit in the pocketbook, but I've not regretted it. Here's hoping to see more documentaries!!:p)
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Mr Briggs, we seem to be alone in our desire to see more documentaries. As I will be buying a new DVD player in several weeks that will be region free & capable of PAL to NTSC conversion, I will look to the other regions for documentaries. One of my 1st purchases will be "Victory at Sea".:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I agree, we really need more documentaries on DVD. I would definitely purchase The Hindenburg if A&E released it on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks