Documentaries? A&E Networks: _The Hindenburg_

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Briggs, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

There is a dearth of good documentary programming on DVD. And A&E Networks/The History Channel should commit its excellent Rip Torn-narrated documentary about the era of the great rigid airships, The Hindenburg, to DVD. This was an epic, romantic era in the history of aviation, and A&E's The Hindenburg is easily the finest film survey of an unforgettable time.

Please give us The Hindenburg on DVD.

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I whole heartedly agree Mr Briggs. There is a great number of documentaries that I've seen on PBS, The Discovery Channel, The History Channel, etc that I would dearly love to own. I imagine it is the old economics argument again.(the same one used by studios to keep catalog titles in the vault) Perhaps we need a thread with 100+ responses to get the attention of the people responsible for releasing documentaries. I, perhaps foolishly, bought the "Connections One" documentary for $395. But it was one of my first three MOST WANTED videos of any type! That was a large hit in the pocketbook, but I've not regretted it. Here's hoping to see more documentaries!!:p) [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

Mr Briggs, we seem to be alone in our desire to see more documentaries. As I will be buying a new DVD player in several weeks that will be region free & capable of PAL to NTSC conversion, I will look to the other regions for documentaries. One of my 1st purchases will be "Victory at Sea".[​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bill J

Bill J Producer

I agree, we really need more documentaries on DVD. I would definitely purchase The Hindenburg if A&E released it on DVD.