What's new

Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Very good episode. Starts out typically (Doctor arrives on scene just as something weird begins happening), he had knowledge the others don't about their fates, and must decide what he is or isn't going to do about it. The last 30 minutes was very exciting and dark, and shows us a side of the Doctor I haven't seen since the Christmas episode with the spider lady. Looks like it leads right into the Christmas special. The trailer for that is excellent, with a lot of familiar faces popping up.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
To bad we have to wait until Dec. before we get to see this!

And i understand the DVD, and Blu-ray will be out in Feb...here.

Glad to here its good!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Very good episode. I will miss David Tennant as the Doctor - of all of my fave doctors, Tennant has been the clear number one, I have a feeling the two-part finale with him as the Time Lord will be a bit gut-wrenching...

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by Neil Middlemiss

Very good episode. I will miss David Tennant as the Doctor - of all of my fave doctors, Tennant has been the clear number one, I have a feeling the two-part finale with him as the Time Lord will be a bit gut-wrenching...
Thats the truth. Looking ahead on my DVR, part 1 is next Sat, and part 2 a week later, on BBC America.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have to agree. A great episode. So after parts 1 and 2 is this the end of Dr. Who or just a hiatus until the new season starts?

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
The show will return around April 2010 with Matt Smith as The Doctor on the UK BBC and it should follow shortly after on BBC America.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I'm guessing the SciFi channel won't be showing the good Doctor anymore? They don't seem to have done reruns in a while.

Sucks that my cable company doesn't think of BBC America as a basic cable channel.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Apparently Sy-Fy will not air the series anymore but on the bright side BBC America won't edit the episodes for time, at least on their initial broadcast and they should premiere closer to the UK air date too.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by ChadMcCallum

Apparently Sy-Fy will not air the series anymore but on the bright side BBC America won't edit the episodes for time, at least on their initial broadcast and they should premiere closer to the UK air date too.
Another reason Sy-Fy sucks! Just to add to the long list of why they suck. Beside the name change.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
There was a marathon of DW and Sarah Jane episodes over the holidays on SciFi, much to my surprise.

I wish PBS could air the show like in the good old days...

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Interesting, I wonder why KCET doesn't show it? Or the old series for that matter? They stopped running that in the early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks