Doctor Who: The Runaway Bride

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for that - although both of your links are identical.

I will confess though, I just cannot work out what the voice at the end is saying:
"I shall descend upon this earth and ???"

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Sounds like "Shine".

Here's a longer trailer (n.b. spoilers if you haven't seen the end of s2!!)

Might be good.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

"I shall descend upon this earth and join", I think - which seems to fit the best with the few smallish spoilers that I've heard.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I don't know how I feel about this. I loved Rose, and she was my first Companion, so I'm not sure how I'm going to enjoy a DW without her. I guess perhaps I'll give it a look-see and if it blows me away I'll try it out and see if I can get used to a Rose-less world, but I'm really worried that I won't be able to. (Which is sad, as I love Tennant quite a bit, too.)

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Companions come and go.... it's the nature of the show....

Miss Rose I shall.... but, you never know.... Our new Companion could be smashing!

Dugger

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Excatly - I never thought that anyone could replace Jo Grant . . . until we got Sarah Jane Smith.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Oh no, I can't believe this is the "new" companion to replace Rose. Her voice absolutly grades on my nerves in a mere few seconds. She shrieks her words and the pitch is just dreadful. Let me take a guess and say she will be even more annoying as the damsel in distress in upcoming shows. I have no idea whom she is, but if she sounds like she does most of the time in the Runaway Bride clips then I may have to skip most of the shows. She just ruins it for me totally.

On a side note, I remember many companions through the years, but the nice thing they were doing is having Rose be more like Ace. Not always the damsel in need of rescue and she can get out of her own mess or even help the Doctor (Satin Pit). I just have a feeling they won't do that with this new actress.

In the USA, there are very few Who fans as evident by the people posting in Who topics here. Maybe Sci-Fi will keep their agreement to air them, but I don't know how long the contract was for or if they can opt out. Anyway, the 2 "New" Doctor seasons were fun, if they can just not linger with this companion it will be for me again.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

She's only in it for the special! The actress's name is Catherine Tate, and she's a very popular comedienne here in the UK.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
Your new companion is:

Martha Jones (played by Freema Agyeman).

Although she doesn't appear in "The Runaway Bride" the season premiere trailer will be shown and it is there you get to see her.

She has appeared once (not as the same character) in the episode "The Army Of Ghosts" in which she meets her fate at the hands of the Cybermen.

As for the USA run of the Doctor, it looks like Sci-Fi has committed to start airing as early as May or June 2007.....

Dugger

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Thanks for the info, Chris. I'm looking forward to the new season (in the US).

I'll miss Rose as well. Her transformation was remarkable. She truly now has the heart (even if only one) of a Time Lord. I was disappointed that the Doctor wasn't more prepared for his final goodbye. I think the writers could have had him convey his deep admiration for her selfless conviction, and his gratitude for saving his (and the world's) butt numerous times, and still have made the goodbye scene just as bittersweet and sad. Instead, his stammering just seemed unnecessarily cruel.

I hope we'll learn more about the Time Wars in the seasons to come.

Any news on Torchwood, the series? Is it in production? Or is it still just a gleam in someone's eye?

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Is that the woman that was in charge at Torchwood? I wasn't to partial to her.
I want Billy Piper back.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I think she was the black woman who was the first one at Torchwood the Cybermen got a hold of. I think she's very pretty and it will be interesting to see her in an expanded role.

Tonight, BBC3 is airing the 11th episode of Torchwood.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Hmmmmm, don't remember her. I'm in the US and don't have BBC3, just BBC America and it's airing "The Unquiet Dead" (an episode I really enjoyed) tonight from Season 1 (refered to as series 1 across the pond).

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunseeker0128