Doctor Who DVD-Rs!

Real Name
Steven Burstein
I received three BBC America DOCTOR WHO DVDs, and they're actually DVD-Rs! And I had trouble playing one. What's going on? I ordered from Amazon.

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Was Amazon the seller, or was it a third party listing on Amazon? I would guess that it’s a bootleg listed by a third party. If you can share the link you used to purchase we can try to take a look for clues.

The Obsolete Man

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Was Amazon the seller, or was it a third party listing on Amazon? I would guess that it’s a bootleg listed by a third party. If you can share the link you used to purchase we can try to take a look for clues.
I wouldn't be so quick to call Bootleg in this case.

BBC Archives has been steadily rereleasing OOP Doctor Who DVDs as MOD titles. There's a chunk of them at least once or twice a month in TSOD's news roundup.

Odds are, that's what OP got. However, it is Doctor Who, so bootlegs are always possible if you go through a third party. But from Amazon themselves? Probably the new MOD releases.

Though even through third parties, it's more likely the new MOD releases are what they're sending. Every other site has the new listings up, but it looks like Amazon is just sticking them under the old listings through third parties.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh Steinberg
Real Name
Steven Burstein

BBC Archives has been steadily rereleasing OOP Doctor Who DVDs as MOD titles. There's a chunk of them at least once or twice a month in TSOD's news roundup.

Odds are, that's what OP got. However, it is Doctor Who, so bootlegs are always possible if you go through a third party. But from Amazon themselves? Probably the new MOD releases.

Though even through third parties, it's more likely the new MOD releases are what they're sending. Every other site has the new listings up, but it looks like Amazon is just sticking them under the old listings through third parties.
I'm OP? Or am I Opie? "Please don't let 'em shoot my dog, pa?"

DeWilson

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny

BBC Archives has been steadily rereleasing OOP Doctor Who DVDs as MOD titles. There's a chunk of them at least once or twice a month in TSOD's news roundup......
Someone needs to put together a listing of what has been reissued as MOD on the classic DOCTOR WHO titles.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
settonconsulting