1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

[​IMG]
    Title: Doctor Strange 2

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Scott Derrickson

Cast: Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong, Tilda Swinton, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams

Release Date:

Runtime: 0

Plot: The sequel to Doctor Strange (2016).

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

The film will star Benedict Cumberbatch and Elizabeth Olsen and serve as a direct sequel to the "WandaVision" series on Disney+. Scott Derrickson will return as director.

They're shooting for "gothic horror" as the genre for the sequel.

3. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    That to me is the most exciting part of this announcement. I’ve long been interested in a franchise that told a continuing story that moved between the small screen and big screen and at last we have confirmation that that is finally happening.

4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    I'm going to say again what I've said before.

I don't have any problem with the idea of the Disney+ series existing and being canon in the MCU. I'm very excited to see them and I hope they are great. It will also be rewarding for the fans who do follow the shows to be able to see them progress the stories for the next film.

However, I also feel very strongly that a viewer who is going to see the film should not be required to subscribe to Disney+ and watch a six-hour or whatever miniseries in order to understand what's going on in the movie. I think it's reasonable to expect that if you buy a ticket to the movie, you're going to get a story with a beginning, middle and end that makes sense. It will be incumbent upon the filmmakers to make sure that it works on one level for the fans who watched the Disney+ show but does not completely alienate more casual moviegoers who are just interested in turning up to the latest big screen Marvel movie.

5. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    I’d like to think that they’ll do it in a way that allow the movie to both follow up on the story from WandaVision and also work well if you haven’t see it.

You can look at any number of movies where significant “stuff” happens between movies that we never actually see. Cap and his team’s adventures between Civil War and Infinity War, Banner merging himself with Hulk between Infinity War and Endgame, etc... You just need the proper amount of backstory exposition that is relevant to the new story (whether or not that stuff was ever actually portrayed somewhere else) and then you continue with the new story you are telling. In this case, viewers of the Disney+ series would have less (or no) blanks so to fill in but the new story should still work whether or not you’ve seen the backstory.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  6. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan

Sean
    Anyway this can be swapped out with the movie poster thumbnail for this thread?

upload_2019-7-21_2-10-20.

Jake Lipson likes this.