What's new

Doctor Goldfoot (1 Viewer)

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
TGG Direct have released a double feature of Doctor Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine/Doctor Goldfoot and the Girl Bombs. The first was previously available as a single in the Midmite Movies range but the latter is new to DVD (curiously, MGM never did them as a Midnite Double)
It's currently lurking in the bargain bins at Walmart in some areas, but also now up for pre-order on Amazon too. Price between $5-$7
According to those who have got copies already, the two films are presented in anamorphic 1.85:1

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Also, the Robert Mitchum film Foreign Intrigue is on one of these DVDs paired with The Quiet American.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Okay, they have just started updating the release date on Amazon.com. Foreign Intrigue is listed as shipping between September 11, 2012 - September 17, 2012
Btw, here is the Foreign Intrigue disc stupidly misspelled as "Foreign Intrique"
The Goldfoot double feature release date remains unchanged, but should come out at roughly the same time.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
So far, I've found these double and triple features on Amazon.com slated for release by TGG Direct. Some of these include OOP titles that are a bargain at $6.95 even if they are often paired with a possibly unwanted 2nd movie. There might be more DVD debuts in this list, but I'm not familiar with all of them.
Wild Bill / Rancho Deluxe
From a Whisper to a Scream / Theatre of Blood
State of Grace / At Close Range
Locusts / Wicker Park
Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 / Runaway Train
Moll Flanders / Fight for Life - 1987 TV Movie w/ Jerry Lewis-- Previously Unreleased
Pit & The Pendulum / Tales of Terror
Manhattan Project / Miracle Mile / Real Men
Good Wife / Claim
Stanley & Iris / Hotel New Hampshire
Hospital / Bank Shot
January Man / Fatal Instinct
Man of La Mancha / Fantasticks
Organization / Sheba Baby
People That Time Forgot / War-Gods of Deep / Deep Space -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Alexander the Great / Solomon and Sheba
American Ninja 2 / American Ninja 3 - Blood Hunt
Irma La douce / Avanti
Blood Vows / Betrayed / Intimate Betrayal -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Convicts / Birdman of Alcatraz
Blue Fire Lady / Call of Wild / A Dogs Best Friend (1959) -- Call of the Wild is the 1997 film. Both are previously unreleased
Happy Hooker / Happer Hooker Goes to Washington
Dangerous Game / Chilly Scenes of Winter / Women vs Men -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Company Business / Eureka / Full Moon in Blue Wate
Beauty & The Beast / Sleeping Beauty -- Previously unreleased in R1
Happy Hooker / Happer Hooker Goes to Washington
Company Business / Eureka / Full Moon in Blue Wate
Diggstown / Triumph of the Spirit
The Escape / Some Girls -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Larger Than Life / Clifford
Original Gangstas / Soda Cracker (aka The Kill Reflex) -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Fortune Cookie / Buona Sera, Mrs Campbell -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Blue State / Love Or Money -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Witness for Prosecution / Dirty Pictures / 12 Angry Men
Lenny / Bojangles
Nicholas Nickleby / Jack the Giant Killer
At First Sight / Evelyn / Oleanna
1984 / Megaville -- Previously unreleased on DVD
Love Field / Pancho Barnes Previously unreleased. DVD Cancelled?
Bad Influence / Masquerade
Golden Gate / City of Ghosts
For Queen and Country / Carbon Copy

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER is a welcome debut if it's in good shape, but the company it's keeping...these are some wacky pairings--MOLL FLANDERS and FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE? NICHOLAS NICKELBY and JACK THE GIANT KILLER?

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Pelham might be worth a look if it's the original and finally anamorphic. Great news on the Goldfoot. I'll gladly replace my non-anamorphic version. Odd though, the Midnight Movies version of Bikini is 2.35:1 and this new version is 1.85:1.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard did you say the Goldfoot two-for is currently found at Wal-mart?

Simon Lewis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Simon Lewis
mdnitoil said:
Pelham might be worth a look if it's the original and finally anamorphic. Great news on the Goldfoot. I'll gladly replace my non-anamorphic version. Odd though, the Midnight Movies version of Bikini is 2.35:1 and this new version is 1.85:1.
According to IMDB, Bikini should be 2.35:1 and Girl Bombs 1.85:1. So it looks like Bikini is cropped, which is a pity as I would have liked a 2.35:1 anamorphic version.

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Mike*HTF said:
Richard did you say the Goldfoot two-for is currently found at Wal-mart?
It can be found at Walmart but I just ordered a copy from Deep Discount for 6 bucks.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
More that appear to only be available at Walmart. These will probably be through e-tailers like the others in the future. There are likely more out there.
Woman in the Window / The Stranger
Along Came Jones / Fury at Showdown -- Previously unreleased on DVD
From Noon Till Three / Assassination -- First official R1 DVD release
Convict Cowboy / The Defiant Ones -- Previously unreleased on DVD
High Noon, Part II: The Return of Will Kane / The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory -- Previously unreleased on DVD

I haven't been able to find any in the Walmarts near here. I'm starting to suspect they are only available further East in the U.S
Simon Lewis said:
According to IMDB, Bikini should be 2.35:1 and Girl Bombs 1.85:1. So it looks like Bikini is cropped, which is a pity as I would have liked a 2.35:1 anamorphic version.
Worry not: The new Dr. Goldfoot double feature indeed has Bikini and Girl Bombs in the correct ratio
adf207a5_1.jpeg

1fdc22f6_2.jpeg

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
So basically they can only be found online rather than in the stores? Is that what I'm getting from the previous posting?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
t1g3r5fan said:
So basically they can only be found online rather than in the stores? Is that what I'm getting from the previous posting?
The other way around, though I've seen them on Ebay.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
The GOLDFOOT release is reviewed here: http://dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/drgoldfootbikinigirlbombs6566.htm
Wasn't RUNAWAY TRAIN letterboxed before, too?
My concerns with these are what are the disc sizes/data sizes and how is the compression for these? Properly done as progressive instead of interlaced?

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
At the moment they can only be found in the bargain bins at Walmart. Not every store has them either - it's a matter of luck. They are, however, up for preorder at various online stores although these have no release date listed.
As I'm in the UK, I don't have the option of WalMart!
They have already started appearing at inflated prices on Ebay, the scalpers are already around like sharks drawn to blood. Just like the "good old days" of those damn Best Buy exclusive releases.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Had to scrounge through the $5 bin at Walmart, but I finally came up with what appeared to be their only copy of Dr. Goldfoot. Just popped it in for a very quick look, and, well, I dunno, someone else needs to check it out so we can compare notes.

They're both anamorphic, as reported above, but the image on Bikini is slightly squished; i.e., people are too tall and thin. And the image quality seemed a bit rough. I then put in the MGM for a quick comparison, and of course there's no such distortion. But not only that -- the MGM, zoomed to the 16x9 screen, looks BETTER, more watchable, than the TGG.

Never seen Girl Bombs, so have nothing to compare it to. Image quality is about the same as Bikini but at least there's no geometric distortion.

EDIT: Just read the dvddrive-in.com review linked to above, and their impression of the image quality doesn't reflect what I was seeing at all. I'll take another look later.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I wonder if Pit and the Pendulum has likewise been made anamorphic on the TGG release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks