Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Sam Posten

Doctor Detroit - Bluray Review
DoctorDetroit-1983.jpg

Clueless professor Clifford Skridlow (Dan Aykroyd) is caught in two jams. His parents are relying on him to impress potential donor just as he becomes the patsy for Chicago pimp Smooth Walker (Howard Hesseman). Smooth is being shaken down by mob boss Mom (Kate Murtagh) and leaves Clifford holding the bag. Clifford falls under the spell of Smooth's harem, 4 high class call girls (Donna Dixon, Fran Dresher, Lydia Lei, Lynn Whitfield) and must somehow protect them and their handler, Diavolo (TK Carter). With help from the school's drama department and Clifford's love of chivalry, the badass persona of Dr. Detroit is born! Dr. Detroit must shut Mom down while Clifford figures out how to keep the school going.

maxresdefault-1-300x162.jpg

[review]

Last edited by a moderator:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Godawful movie but it's where Dan Aykroyd met his future wife Donna Dixon. :P

Way2Go Dan! :thumbsup:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I saw this countless times on cable in the mid eighties. I loved it as a kid (I loved the goofiness, and the pretty girls) but I watched the DVD years ago, and while it doesn't hold up the way I remember it, I will still buy this solely for nostalgia....one of the most powerful factors in impulse purchases for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks