What's new

Doc Hollywood (1991)- coming from WAC 11/28/2017 (1 Viewer)

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
November release:

71xnsbU7iYL._SX522_.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I love WA. Hopefully we can get "Lean on Me", and "Stand And Deliver" at some point. I believe both have been HD remastered.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
What do you think, this is Warner Archive we're talking about?

Sure, but the 2016 DVD was Warner Archive, too and it was mediocre at best.

That said, I agree that the Blu-ray will be much better. Warner Archive seems to have much higher standards for their BDs than for their DVDs...

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
This just hit me.....this may be the last WAC release for 2017.

Unfortunately, unless WAC changes its past ways, the November releases are usually their last for the year. They usually take December off, WAC hasn't released in December titles in years (none in 2015 or 2016), then they start back in January. :(

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Sure, but the 2016 DVD was Warner Archive, too and it was mediocre at best.

That said, I agree that the Blu-ray will be much better. Warner Archive seems to have much higher standards for their BDs than for their DVDs...
I just checked the DVD was Warner Home Video release from 2004 not WAC who didn't start until 2009. The 2016 DVD was just a reissue since it was out of print. Which probably explains the bad quality. Since 2011 WAC has a much higher quality standard for their DVDs than WHV. I have around 200 films and another 200 or TV and Animation releases from them on DVD and all of them excellent quality.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Damn, I so wanted to hold off on video and book buying until after we move, BUT this is a HUGE favorite of mine AND the Mrs!

Thus, provided it's in something other than that annoying 4x3 pan & scan, AND is anamorphic (ALL widescreen Blu-rays are anamorphic, are they not?), I'm in! Of course, DOC HOLLYWOOD (1991) could make for a nice little housewarming treat!:D

CHEERS! :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I just checked the DVD was Warner Home Video release from 2004 not WAC who didn't start until 2009. The 2016 DVD was just a reissue since it was out of print. Which probably explains the bad quality. Since 2011 WAC has a much higher quality standard for their DVDs than WHV. I have around 200 films and another 200 or TV and Animation releases from them on DVD and all of them excellent quality.

I'm under the impression the 2016 DVD was the film's widescreen debut. Amazon lists the 2004 DVD as the 1.33:1 version, which would've been a reissue of the one from 1998.

I might be wrong, but as far as I can tell, the 2016 DVD was a new version, not a reissue. Again, I can find no evidence there was ever a widescreen DVD prior to 2016.

The 2014 "Man With Two Brains" is another Warner Archives DVD that was iffy in terms of quality.

I've been impressed with the Warner Archives Blu-rays I've seen, but some of their DVDs ain't so hot...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks