What's new

DOA3, Holy S%$# (1 Viewer)

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
I bit the bullet and bought myself an XBOX for Xmas. My girlfriend bought me DOA3 and the HD pack. Now I have all (3) of the new consoles. I was not prepared for how incredibly awesome DOA3 looks. The detail in the characters, backgrounds the and color depth is just astounding. I did not get to play it much yet but it seems pretty tight from a gameplay standpoint. I guess XBOX is the real deal. Way to go Bill.
Randy:D

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
The game looks and plays great, and offers a lot of different modes to mess around with, but I was really disappoined by the fact that there is apperantly nothing to unlock.

Otherwise a great game, but Halo has been taking up most of my Xbox time since yesterday.

JQ

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
DOA3 was a bit of a dissappointment to me. It's really not changed much at all since DOA2 on the Dreamcast. Yes, the graphics are prettier, yes it's got two new characters, but the gameplay is unchanged. I know it was in all likelihood 'rushed' for the XBox launch, but I was hoping for a little more to it...

A real sequel instead of just another iteration of DOA2 would be nice.

RANDY FISHER

Second Unit
"A real sequel instead of just another iteration of DOA2 would be nice." Yes agreed. I had DOA2 on the Dreamcast and I got tired of it pretty quick especially considering what Soul Calibur 2 and TTT had to offer. I am hoping the add-on disk will fix that. It is so damn pretty though.

Randy

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The add-on disc adds stuff like more costumes and such. It doesn't change the game at all, so it will still be like Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore version 2, of course, with some extra costumes.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I really liked this game. The graphics are sublime and it's very fun to play. The graphics blow away almost everything out there today. I prefer Smash Bros. Melee, but only because it's deeper. I would like to find out everything that's going to be on that addon disc. I heard it's more than just costumes, but don't know anything specific.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I tried to go back and play DOA2 Hardcore again...and it is ugly compared to this. They balanced the counters a bit more in DOA3, and the play is faster. The stages require more strategic placement. Overall, I think it was a great improvement. Not that there needed much improvement. And it was three(technically four) new characters. Christie, Brad, Hitomi, and Hayate(technically not new, but since Ein is still there, he is kinda new.)

Sean Coon

Auditioning
I thought these codes are neat in DOA3.
You can change the way they look in the game:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks