Doa? Nooo!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron_Morris, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Aaron_Morris

Aaron_Morris Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone help me? I just got my Marantz SR5200 from accessories for less and it isn't working. I plugged it in, and let it warm up for about 15 minutes. I then started hooking up RCAs and S-video cables and what not. The standby light comes on when I push the power button. If I push it again it goes out. If I push one of the input buttons the light goes out and there is no sound.

2. bryan_chow

bryan_chow Agent

Did you try powering it up from the remote while it is in standby?

3. Aaron_Morris

yeah that causes the same reaction of turning off. Also, the disply isn't coming on. The only indicater that is on is the power/standby led. Other than that the display is completely blank.

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

My Onkyo has both a power and a standby button. Is there a standby button you can push while the light is on?

5. Aaron_Morris

I don't see one, but I will look it over again.

6. Aaron_Morris

Well, I am still stumped, there is only one power related button that I can find. Also, as I turned out the lights to go to bed I noticed that the disply is getting power. It is very faint and not all of the lines are working. THe unit is putting off heat when the standby LED is out, so it is getting power. when I change the input sources on the front (or with the remote) the already nearly blank disply goes completely off and then comes back on, but still very faint. I checked the dimmer switch and it is not turned off or dimmed. I am stumped... guess I shall call www.ac4l.com tomorrow. I hope thier customer support is all that it is reported to be. I am still itching to use this puppy... guess it is back to the old Kenwood stereo for another week or two...[​IMG] oh so sad