What's new

Do you wish you could live in the past? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Craig S

I'd like to suggest that this thread's participants go see Woody Allen's excellent new film, Midnight In Paris, which is about this very subject - a man who wishes he could live in the past (a very specific past in a very specific place).
That sounds great. Thanks Craig.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Yes, Midnight in Paris is a wonderful film. Never, never count Woody Allen out. "People should be born at seventy and live their lives backward." -- dialogue spoken with bitter conviction by Curd Jurgens in The Mephisto Waltz (1971).

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Originally Posted by Eric Peterson

I think this statement sums it up beautifully. A lot of people constantly upgrade just so they can brag about having the latest hot thing....and then proceed to use only a small percentage of the product's functionality!!

I know, it's so annoying. And the technology that suddenly is "outdated", just sits around and collects dust, even though it could continue to work fine for a little while longer. Honestly, I have no desire to own the "latest" thing, as I hate the idea of wasting so money on something that I would lose interest in using in a few months anyway. And if I do think about getting one, I just have to look at my Walkman and CD player that are currently sitting in my house, collecting dust, even though they still work fine.

And some people (including some on this board) give me a hard time because I don't have a Tivo, and don't intend to have one. So far, I have done fine keeping up with my shows, with episodes online, which I watch at work, and sometimes, the VCR at home. The only times I really wish I had one, is for major sporting events like the Olympics and World Cup.

Have to admit though, it is hard to live life without the internet these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks