What's new

Do you watch T.V anymore? (1 Viewer)

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
The only shows I watch are the ones I have on dvd (or vhs). We don't even have the ability to watch tv at our house anymore -- no antennas, no cable. Movies and books are all the entertainment I need.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"But I must say that I'm addicted to ALIAS. Damn is that a good show or what?"
Damn straight! Jennifer Garner....oh don't get me started again...
Besides that, Simpsons, some late night and SNL, I don't watch TV anymore.
Jason
------------------
Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed
[email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"Clown college? You can't eat that!" Homer Simpson
My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Like many others, I usually watch TV only for sports (Nascar, NFL, Lakers and...tonight, The World Series...GO YANKEES).
I still try to watch The Simpson and my wife makes me watch Friends. Other than that, we watch DVD's nearly every night! (Netflix is GREAT!)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not too much, sitcoms mostly, those being Seinfeld, That 70's Show, Titus, The King of Queens, Curb your Enthusiasm, and of course Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
The only sport I watch is NASCAR.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and women of our military and their families!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Allow me to be the pro-TV guy here. There are many very good television shows out there, and having a TiVo (actually two TiVos) has allowed me to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Each week I record 20-25 hours worth of hourlong dramas (and dramadies). I also record about 12-15 half-hour comedies and animated shows. Top this off with watching everything NFL-related and all Purdue sports and I probably max out above 40 hours a week of regular TV consumption. Since I watch everything time-delayed, I skip through all the commercials - cutting my viewing time by 25%. I also refuse to watch re-runs, so I'm able to catch up on movies and music during the summer and holiday season.
My main computer is integrated with my home theater system, so I surf the web (broadband style) while watching TV. Throw in my 400+ DVD collection, and my entertainment needs are definitely being met. :)
If you're curious, the five shows you should be watching are Everybody Loves Raymond, Gilmore Girls, The Sopranos, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Homicide: Life On The Street (not enough of you watched it when it was new, so you owe it to yourself to watch the reruns on CourtTV).
Brad

Darren H

Second Unit
The only shows I watch every week are Gilmore Girls, Iron Chef, and Good Eats. (Who knew that The Food Network could be so damn entertaining?) I also watch a lot of college football.
Here's another question: How many of you live without cable, dish, etc.? I ask because my wife and I are starting to seriously consider cutting it all off.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
The fact that our TV is SO bad is my main excuse for buying all my DVD's! So I guess I don't watch it much, in fact I've recently got rid of Sky too.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
The only TV shows I watch are "The Sopranos" and "X-Files." I'm sure there are other good shows, but I really don't have an interest in watching anything else. I would rather watch a movie.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I have it on all the time, but it rarely makes it down to the networks.
Pretty much,
The Daily Show
Band of Brothers (for one more night
frown.gif
)
X-Files
ER
Survivor
Who's Line
I like having it on in the background. I have absorbed so many movies while surfing (which is where my primary interest is most of the time) that I can recite huge sections of the movies.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Football (NE Patriots)
Hockey (Boston Bruins)
X-Files
Malcolm in the Middle
The West Wing
Friends
Survivor
ER
------------------
You want to upgrade again?!!

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Sure do! I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that if you complain there's nothing good on television, you're not looking hard enough.
Just a few of the shows I watch: Alias, Band of Brothers (now no more), The Sopranos, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Roswell, Everybody Loves Raymond, Ed, Resurrection Blvd., Law and Order/SVU/Criminal Intent, The Simpsons, Futurama, Six Feet Under, King of Queens, King of the Hill, Undeclared, Conan O'Brien, The Daily Show, Malcolm In the Middle...I could go on and on.
And don't get me started on all the repeats (Cheers, Simpsons, Newsradio, L&O, etc.)! So yes, the TV is almost always on.
------------------
Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)
[Edited last by Kevin Leonard on November 05, 2001 at 10:01 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks