What's new

do you want some awesome news to start the week off (Say Anything)? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Well, this film has easily rocketed to the top of my current most wanted list. I'm completely ecstatic after reading this review! Thank you, Fox! Thank you, Peter Staddon!

Woohoo!!!

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I recall owning an older VHS version that had a Simpsons short (Tracy Ulman) before the movie started. Had Bart and Lisa steal Homer's ties, and make 'tribe outfits' out of them. Don't remember if this was on the laser version

That'd been cool to have before the movie on the DVD.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Dan, I wouldn't throw out that VHS tape. There are only 2 in existence apparently, so that's a collectors item. ;) (sorry Peter but I couldn't resist :p)).
I had no doubts on the effort behind this one. Fox got the feedback to tell them they had a winning DVD on there hands. I'm sure this has lots of pre-orders coming.
I love this film (more than Harry Met Sally since you asked). :)
"YOU MUST CHILL!!"
edit - I read the review and now I'm really geeked up on getting it. What awesome extras. Not sure if this is Fox or Crowe since Crowe had great stuff for Almost Famous:Untitled as well. Probably a combo of Fox and Crowe together.
Excellent work it appears.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll be posting a review of this title

later today.

Watch for it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This one is special to me because

it represents a title the members of

this forum campaigned for.

It was a tough call, but I know how much

this film means to the membership here, and

this forum should have its own review of it.

I also must say that it is one of my favorite

movies, so the choice was not that tough.

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
Looks like I'll be buying this disc :D
Never seen it, but the enthusiasm here has pushed me into a sale.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
So here's a question. I'm not that much of a rom com sort of guy but if they're good I will like 'em. Is this in When Harry Met Sally and As Good As It Gets territory, 'cause Cusack's excellent?
I love both of these, but I love Say Anything more. The acting, the Peter Gabriel tune, everything about it is just so awesome.

To Peter Staddon and the folks at Fox, thank you for giving us a great release.

To executives at other studios, please use this as an example of how catalog titles should be released!

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Let the Gods at Fox be praised! I have a female friend who I'm in the process of wooing over that loves this movie and Cusack in particular. with all the extras on this disc, it will earn me some cool points indeed! Now I wish it was being released this week instead of March, that would've been perfect for out little Valentine's day date. :D

Derrick_Ellis

Stunt Coordinator
Not a bad idea. :) I think will have the soundtrack handy in my car though. :) I just told her about it and she is estactic that it's coming out. She doesn't have a DVD so she has to come to MY house to watch it. {evil grin}

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll have to rent, being the young 22 year old that I am, I've never seen it. But since you old farts love it so much I guess it can't be that bad. :D
If it's as good as you guys say, I'll bet it has plenty of Kung Fu and explosions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks