What's new

Do you walk faster than everyone else? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Yeah i'm a fast walker also..though I'm only 5'11" I never have a problem keeping up with people much taller then me...and my wife's consantly telling me to slow down so she and stop jogging to keep up:)

Shane 7'1" wow that's tall!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'm 5'6", and I walk fast. Like the 7 foot Shane, I can traverse West Ed in no time flat. :)

I've slowed down lately though...mostly to look at the eye candy at the malls around here during lunchtime. But when I have a real purpose I'm zipping all over the place.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
everyone except the post above yours :)

i'm 5'9, so my height has nothing to do with my quick walking speed. i guess it depends on if i have a task to accomplish, but i'd say i walk quicker than most people my height. i think it has to do with when i learned to play hockey. i went to a speed skating school (for ice hockey, not actual speed skating) and i learned to take longer strides, and i think it may have affected my walking as well. even if it didnt make my walking faster, it sure made me a hell of a lot faster on the ice.

CJ

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim

:eek:

In my "old age", I think I need to slow down, though. My knees are killing me, and indeed at the last medical checkup the doc did say the kneecaps are wearing out (they took x-rays).

Sigh. Anyone have recommendations for a brand of glucosamine? Or are they more or less the same? Or are they "the same" the way all AV receivers and speakers are "the same"? :D

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'm 6'1'', and I definitely walk faster than everyone.

When I am in school, I end up weaving through everyone due to my fast walking, everyone else's slow pace, and how they spread out across the whole hallway. However, the weird thing is that I am not really good at joggingrunning. :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I am completely out of shape but still seem to be able to walk fast. Some of it might have come from my time in the Marine Corps. No matter where you were walking, you were walking fast..

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Glad to see the "fast walkers" club forming here. :) Even though I'm 5'9" and overweight (working on that), I am always passing people up. Watch out for me in the airport - I'm moving fast and always scanning for openings and if you make an unexpected left or right move you're liable to get run over!

The only place I really get frustrated is at work. We have a big LONG building - it can take 5 minutes even at my pace to get from my cubicle at one end to the server room in the center. I find myself in constant disbelief at how SLOW people walk. Talk about wasted time!! That's not to mention the "hall meetings" I have to maneuver around.

I have no idea why I'm this way - I wasn't in the military and never played sports much (too uncoordinated). I guess I just don't like to waste time getting from one place to another.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Do I hear a speed walking challenge?:D Just kidding. I find myself leaving everyone I go somewhere with in the dust. It's frustrating walking that fast and then having to stop or turn around to let them catch up. I'm only 6' tall and walk about the same pace as my friend that is 6'6". He walks at a good pace to. So now I can show my wife this thread so she will know that I am not leaving her behind on purpose. Thanks

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm 6'3 and my GF is 5'1. I move quick, she doesn't. It's very frustrating. I keep telling her to take faster steps but she doesn't do it :angry:

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy

Osteo Biflex is what my rheumatologist recommended for my arthritic knees.

I'm 6'4", and have a 36 inch inseam, so I'm mostly legs. My wife is short, so she's always telling me to slow down. Even when I'm purposely walking slow, I'm still leaving her behind.

I learned my quick walk while working security at Worlds of Fun during college. We couldn't run to a call (if people see security running, they follow to see what happened), so we learned the quick walk. Every since, I move pretty quick.

Magnus Nord

Agent
I try to relax when I walk but anyway I walk pretty fast since I'm 6'7", I like walking with my father since he's exacly 6'7" too, but I do have a female friend who is about 5'8" and she walks alot faster then me, but her pace is just stressfull cause she walks TOO fast..

Nice to see im not the only tall person here at HTF though =)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I don't drive, so I walk and transit everywhere. Always have. I walk way faster than everyone else. I can't stand it when people walk 2-3-4 wide and I can't get around them, because they're walking at mall speed and gawking all over the place. I'm only 5'11 and don't think that how fast you walk really has to do with how tall you are, or what size pants you wear... when I'm with people, I can usually control it. I am wierd, because when I'm with people, I usually walk a bit behind them. Perhaps I'm overly considerate about other people walking and I don't want to be the one walking 3 wide. But I notice I also walk slightly behind the other person I'm with, even if there is only 2 of us. why is THAT?

Even recently, when I sprained my ankle... as soon as I could walk... (or hobble, limp), I STILL "walk" faster than other people. that is messed...

Lets all go for a walk today in celebration of the founding of the HTF fast walkers club!!

Jeff Perry

Stunt Coordinator
5'7" and I walk faster than everyone I know, even the tall folk. Sometimes I get to walking too fast, break into a slight jog and have to force myself to slow down.

Everyone at work gives me crap about how fast I walk. "Why are you in such a hurry?" Why do you insist on taking 10 minutes to get from the parking lot to your office, even in the friggin' rain?! If it's raining I'm running at full speed.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
funny story about walking fast...i was picking up my gf at the airport yesterday and they have those 'escalators' that are flat. for people who just want to stand there and be pulled along but not walk...there were people walking on those, and i was walking the same speed as they were :)

CJ

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
damn, another long thread i got into too late...

anyway, i'm only 5'9", but i walk faster then just about everyone i know.

when i'm at work, i'm *constantly* passing people in the hallways. it's a pretty long walk to the cafeteria and i'm always getting irritated by how slow people walk. i used to force myself to slow down and not pass them, but i've pretty much gotten over that. i do try to be polite though ... say "excuse me", or smile or something.

the only problem is my girlfriend is 5'3" and has short legs. she walks so slow ... drives me crazy! :D

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Shane Bos is 7'1" tall! Jeez Louise! Shane, how many millions of people have asked you if you play basketball?

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I was told once at times when I'm walking too fast, I'm at the point of hydroplaning.

Hey it's not my fault, I don't drive so I have to rely on the transit and walking. And driving in downtown Toronto is just crazy, there are many days when I'm walking faster the traffic on the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks