What's new

Do you think this movie will be decent? (1 Viewer)

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Let me just say that from the trailer, I have absolutely no interest. Whether it will be good, cannot say.

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I just saw this trailer with Brother Hood Of The Wolf and my first thought was what the hell is this. Then I thought o cool it looks like maybe another SLC Punk movie. I hated SLC Punk but thought maybe this one would be better. Then I just got confused. I don't really know what to make of it.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
No sense indeed.

I won't be seeing this one unless word of mouth is insanely positive.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Well, it looks like no one has any spare change so let me be the provider:
I've got 12 cents.
:D

Ike

Screenwriter
Looks like someone watched Fight Club and Heat too much, and mixed them. I probably wouldn't ever see this.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Ummmm I have no freaking peaking creaking idea as to what it's about, in part it looks as if they are a group of ppl trying to set up a plan to rob a place and make away with a big pay off. Looks like Val Kilmer's role has possibly lied to himself so much that he can't remember what his true identity is, and somewhere along the way one or all of his buddies set's him up to take the fall for whatever they did. I will also wait for word of mouth on this one as the trailer didn't do a good job of drawing me in to want to go see it.

Peace,

Eve

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I take Val to be like Mr. Orange in R. Dogs. Deep undercover with some drug theives. He gets in by hooking up with some small timers.
The process of being in that identity for so long makes him question who he really is. Not forget, just question. This is apparently heightened by the fact that he lost his wife and child do to some accident or choice he made. Being without his family and so deep in his undercover role makes him wonder who he really is since his "real" life is just being this undercover character now. "Does this make me this person?" type of questioning.
When he gets near the "target" suspect, he gets found out.
Finale - shit goes down.
That's my read on the trailer. I could be wrong of course, but it didn't confuse me as far as I can tell. :) It looks intentionally cut to take advantage of the Memento popularity, implying some connection to it that isn't really there (shot of his normal tattoo for example, mentioning of forgetting). That happens a lot. Trailer makers love to bend what a film is about to match what they think the public wants to hear rather than the truth.
I like the cast, it does have a stylish look (reminds me a bit of U-Turn in look). But I always wait on reviews before making the final call to go to a film.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I went to UpcomingMovies.com to look at the premise. It close to what I was saying with one other, very non-Memento, twist that sounds like it will work well within the crime drama.
And the group he infiltrates are speed freaks as they appeared to be in the trailer.
The film does have a Memento theme, but it's not about memory. To say any more might spoil it for you, which I did at upcomingmovies. (I just had to know :)).
Story sounds promising, but the film did get bumped many times by WB, all the way to this March. Of course that's a lot better than getting dumped to JAN or FEB and it was slated for a DEC 2001 release at one point. Sounds like they have a "not quite Oscar, but better than crap" film on their hands and went looking for a market.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks