What's new

Do you think that Sept 11th will help, or hurt the sales of PEARL HARBOR? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well what do you think? On one hand maybe people don't want to watch a film about such an event so soon, especially at Christmas time. But on the other hand, the film has alot of good ol fashion American spirit, and patriotism that might make people want to buy it.
I really don't know.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There's an amazing parallelism between the two events. I think things will balance out to a point where sales will not be affected up or down. I do think there are a few people that will not buy it beause of 9/11 but there are a few people that will buy it for that reason.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
Good question, and I can only answer for myself. I cancelled my pre-order after 9/11. After living through a tragedy in my lifetime, I have no interest in seeing a great tragedy of my grandparents lifetime homogenized down as a backstory for a crappy romance. I would be horrified if somebody did that about 9/11 (and I'm sure somebody will...paging James Cameron and Michael Bay...)

BryanZ

Screenwriter
Mark me down for "I could care less either way." For me this is a rental flick.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
If the people who lived during the time of Pearl Harbor compare it to Sept 11, I have no interest in seeing the blockbuster movie.

Jon

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
No.

Buena Vista boosted its theater count mid-September, figuring on this, and it got pretty much ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks