Do you think its worth waiting for the Sanyo PLV Z2

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Larry*S, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Larry*S

Larry*S Agent

My Theater is almost done, So its coming to the point where I have to seriously narrow my projector choices. It will be exclusively DVD, so 16:9 is desirable. I have been seriously considering the Panny 300u, but with all this talk about the Sanyo Z2 becoming available soon, I dont want to jump in too quickly, and find out I made a hasty decision. Both will be in my price range ($2000 max). How important is the 3 year warranty vs the 1 year? Aside from projector performance, should this also weigh into my decision making?
    All comments welcome,

thanks in advance,

larry

2. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens
    All I can tell you is that I am seriously considering ordering the PLV-Z2 - soon! It seems to be great value for the money and quite safe from an upgrading point of view (DVI with HDCP).

From what I have read, people are receiving theirs now, so unless they are sold out when you order, you should be able to get one fairly quickly now. Also, reviews should be popping up as we type.

-Christian

3. Larry Talbot

Larry Talbot Second Unit

Having already had to use my three year warranty with less than a year on my projector, I would seriously recommed you go with a three year warranty...Even if you don't have any problems, which you hopefully wont, it's nice to have the peace of mind.