1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Do You Suffer From...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Johnny Angell, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    *Commercial Twitch or **Phantom Commercial pain? Are you neglecting your remote? Is the ruthless sacrifice of commercials by Big Streamers leaving a void in your life?

If so, I suggest a good stiff shot of bourbon. There is nothing better to relieve the distressing symptoms of cold sobriety.

*The twitch when your start to reach for your remote and you remember you don’t need it.
    ** The emptiness you feel when there are no commercials to be vanquished.

2. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I’m experiencing a similar sense of “what-to-do-with-myself-itis” now that my new HTPC has eliminated the need to sit through endless FBI warnings and forced trailers on disc. However shall I adjust to the thing I want playing at the moment I press play instead of five to seventeen minutes later?

3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    I advise adjusting to the change. Perhaps a Valium to get thru the hard times...or the afore mentioned bourbon.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  4. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    Absolutely not! The first time I watched a TV show on disc I leaned back with a satisfied sigh and smile when the commercial break hit and up comes the next act with no commercial or need to ff/skip it via remote. A couple of years later I fully disconnected my set from cable (I wasn't watching it anyway) and haven't looked back...