1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you sometimes pretend your a movie charactor when your alone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    O.k., I REALLY hope i'm not alone in this, or this thread could have been a HUGE mistake!:b
    The one charactor that does it for me is Darth Maul in 'EP I'. During the duel of the fates, I get pumped whenever he twirls his double edged lightsaber, their is a shot in particular that I love watching, it's right after he uses the force to throw that object against the control panal on the door to open it, they show a badass shot of him twirl his lightsaber like a baton, only MAN STYLE!
    So finally, I said to myself "I wonder how he does that!" So I grabbed the nearest broom I could find, removed the bristles, and VOILA! instant lightsaber! I than slow moed that shot, watching his every hand movement carefully, and mimicking them very slowly at first until I got the complete movement down, I got it down, and everything was fine...until I tried it at normal speed that is.
    The handle flew out of my hand and almost broke a couple of my action figures that adorn my room. But I pressed on and tried it again, and again, now I can't stop doing it whenever I watch that film! It's just the coolest thing he does in that movie.
    O.k., let me have it, am I nuts or what?

2. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    dude... ever think you should like... take a BREAK from watching movies? esp Starwars?
    just a thought.
    hope I dont see you on the hardware forum this week asking about purchasing a new tv...
    Have fun, Darth! [​IMG]

3. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    I knew it, i'm sick![​IMG]
    Seriously Paul, I just like that move. This is the only film I do this on, I used to do it more when I was little though.

4. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink

5. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Hey John, "whatever you do in your own time...." (backs off) [​IMG]
    no I suppose it's alright, I never 'act them out' but friends and I are always quoting funny lines from movies. ALWAYS. So I'm sure we all 'pretend your a movie character when your alone'... to some extent.
    -----
    but SERIOUSLY!! take a BREAK!! [​IMG]

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    John thats really nuts![​IMG]
    POSTED BY QUEEN AMIDALA.

7. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I hope you're not a Texas Chainsaw Massacre fan! [​IMG]

8. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

Sometimes I grab the hairbrush and pretend I'm on stage at Wembley when one of my favorite songs come on the radio. Is this sort of the same thing or I'm I crazed too? [​IMG]

9. Michael St. Clair

You talkin' to me?
    YOU TALKIN' TO ME?
    No, I never really do that.

10. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I've acted out the Clint Eastwood "Man With No Name" character, alone and in front of people. I'm a notorious Eastwood fan, and it's funny 'cause I can never be 1/100 as cool as Clint. But that's not gonna stop me from pointing bananas at people and telling them to apologise to my horse.

11. Dylan Davis

Dylan Davis Stunt Coordinator

I sing to my cat to whatever song is on when I get home from work... but I only use the word "kitty".

But I only do it when I'm in a good mood, and the cat doesnt seem to mind.

Dylan - The cat whisperer

12. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

13. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Nope, you're not nuts. Well, you could be nuts, but then I'd also be nuts.

Not from a movie, though. I've often fancied what it would be like to be Roland the Gunslinger. And Aragorn (from the novel, not the movie as I haven't seen it yet, though Viggo looks quite good in the role).

14. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Dave P, your sig pic is making me dizzy man![​IMG]

15. Brad_W

Brad_W Screenwriter

I sometimes like to pretend I'm Ron Jeremy or however you spell his name.

16. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

I frequently pretend I'm Kevin Spacey and recreate the shower scene from American Beauty when I'm alone.

17. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Paul, me too.[​IMG]

18. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Who has to be alone to do this? [​IMG]

19. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

John, I wanted to respond earlier to your post, but I didn't know how to answer.
    Don't make fun of me now. When I watch certain movies, I actually get sucked into the movie and am sitting right next to Doc or Marty McFly, or I'm with Adam and Drew in the Wedding singer, or am with whomever on any number of films.
    After watching the BTTF trilogy(unfortunately on VHS) I actually become depressed when the final credits roll on BTTF3, I get so involved I am sometimes affected for a day or 2, I would love nothing more than to actually live out these movies. I don't want it to end!!
    I am probably the only person who cries after watching Armageddon.
    Last night I watched "Ever After"(first time viewing) with Drew Barrymore and I became unnaturally immersed in the film, this film is so great to me, I actually cried for a good 15 minutes afterward, I DIDN'T want the movie to end.
    The Wedding Singer makes me cry too, I love the happy ending, but feel alone and depressed when it's over.
    "Never been Kissed" also makes me cry, Drew Barrymore makes me cry, I am in love with Drew.
    Maybe I'm in the wrong hobby[​IMG]
    I'm still really affected by "Ever After" today, as soon as I put the rear end in my car, I am going back to relive this experience. I know it will make me bawl, but at the same time will take me to a world I so long for.
    Lately I have been watching only Drew Barrymore movies, and have been both happy and sad, I can hardly stand it when these movies end, so you see I get pretty wrapped up in my films, I may not Don the attire, but I sure BECOME part of the film.
    Film, especially the films I mentioned have a very big impact on my mental state, and I become VERY emotional over these love stories.
    Now I'm not a videodrone, I have a wife, 2 children, my race car, I'm on the verge of becoming a pro bowler, I have a life, so I can't explain my emotional outpouring when I see these films.
    So see, my problem is actually worse than yours(unless you or others secretly feel this way about love stories).
    I wait until everyone is asleep and sneak off to my HT room, and escape to wherever a good film will take me. Thank goodness I have other films that can make me happy and don't do this to me, but I do like to get into a good emotional love story quite often. And the worse part is, there are probably other love story movies out there that are more emotional than the ones I mentioned, and to be sure I WILL seek them out.
    That's it for now, I could go on but don't want to bore anyone with my sappiness, I just wanted to share a little about how films affect me.
    There, I just admitted what a sap I am. I am going to start a thread soon asking for recommendations for sappy love stories.

20. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Hey, as long as you're enjoying the movie it should not matter.....Right????
    [​IMG]
    Jon