What's new

Do you say "pop" or "soda"? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
A couple of years back, in high school, I went to the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in Boston, and when I said "pop", barely anybody know what I was talking about! Most everyone else said "soda" and a guy from Finland, I think, referred to carbonated beverages as "fizzy drinks".
I have actually been working on the more known term soda, but everybody here in the midwest thinks I'm an idiot! :rolleyes:
So, how do you or people in your area refer to Coke, Pepsi, or other carbonated beverages??

RobR

Second Unit
I say "soda." I have a friend who calls it "soda pop."

I think they call it "juice" in Scotland.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
We usually say "Soft Drink" over here, but it's always baffled me as to why we refer to it as that. Fizzy Drink would have to be the other common term over here with Soda not used.

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
We don't use either 'pop' or 'soda' here. Most people call drinks by their product names (Coke 'Coke', Pepsi 'Pepsi' and so on). The most popular generic description is 'soft drinks'.

Adam

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I never say pop or soda or cola for that matter.

99% of the time I say coke, and the other 1% soft drink.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Down south, it's usually referred to as "Coke" since we are in "Coke" country.
Anytime we hear someone say "pop" or "soda" we know they ain't from around these parts... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks