What's new

Do you really need to tweak the S9000ES DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
I was veiwing a music DVD and confirmed with the wife that the picture was not that good. It appeared block like. So I started adjusting parameters from the remote not really knowing what I was doing. Well turning the Crmoma filter on cleaned up the picture. Later reading the mannual it said Block Filter should have been used for this. My question is what are people doing to tweak these things and do I have to to get a good picture? My freind says it should perform just fine out of the box and the adjustments are hardly noticable.

Thanks

Rnn

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Ronald, there are a few things you can do that is said to help with picture & or sound quality. Off the top of my head I have heard of people placing small sand bags inside the unit to dampen vibrations, weighting the transport mechanism with various things, placing the player on vibrapods, & custom made power cords. Myself, I have made my own power cords, added some lead weights to various spots in my player,& have it setting on some thin soft foam to absorb vibrations.
To be honest though I noticed little if any improvement with these mods, except now if you bump my entertainment center the player will not skip at all where before it would most of the time.
I'm sure someone else may have some other good suggestions as well, but at the same time you'll get some saying its not worth it at all. As for myself I do it in hope that it may make a difference of some sort but don't get disappointed if it doesn't. I guess I just like to play around with stuff too much ;)

Kevin P

Screenwriter
What DVD were you watching? If you see MPEG artifacts, either it's a bad quality DVD or your television isn't properly adjusted. I've had a 9000ES for almost 2 years and have never changed the bells and whistle settings on it. Most of the things those features address can be better addressed by calibrating your TV.

In particular, having contrast or sharpness set too high can bring out artifacts.

KJP

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Ahh...this reminds me of the time I read the suggestion to paint the inside of the player camouflage so as to minimize reflections.

Ronald_P

Stunt Coordinator
KJP,

The DVD was MADONNA Drowned World Tour 2001. The RPTV is a Sony 65 Inch XBR 1. The picture looks outstanding in 1080i if the soucre is good. Thanks for confirming that there is no need to tweak this thing for every DVD to get a good picture.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks