What's new

Do You Really LOVE Your System??? (1 Viewer)

James R. Geib

Stunt Coordinator
My system and I get into arguments every now and then, like when I want DTS and she wants Pro Logic, or I want to hear Bela Fleck and she's like "Can't we listen to Miles Davis since you listened to Bela last night blah, blah, blah". Well, what couple doesn't argue now and then??

Despite the occasional spat, I would say I do love her. I really miss her when I'm away, and she rewards me with sonic bliss when I come home after a hard days work!

P.S. My wife would kill me if she knew about this affair, so please keep it hush hush!

System: Anthem AVM20/MCA50, Paradigm Ref. 100/CC/ADP,Panny DVD.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
At least 4 contributors to this thread are Anthem AVM-20 owners. Do I sense a trend?

Hi Evan,
yes I love my system. And I'm an AVM20 owner too, The only problem I've had with the Anthem in 1 year has been with the upgrade (away for repair at the moment) but apart from that, this sonic masterpiece makes the whole system sing. Even my wife has learnt how to use it. :D
System as follows:
Pioneer Elite Monitor 720HD, Rotel RDV1080 DVD-A deck, Hughes Platinum E86 High Def Satellite Receiver,Sony T60 Tivo, Paradigm Active Speakers 7.1 setup (Active/40 front L/R, Active/CC Center, Active ADP x2 Surround Dipoles, Active ADP x2 Rear Dipoles),Paradigm Servo 15 Subwoofer
Andy

Philip-j

Auditioning
Yes, I am very satisfied with my system: I have Mirage speakers all around--om7's up front, omc2 centre, m5's for the surrounds, and a bps400 sub. Anthem avm 2o processor,
Classe audio dr4 preamp, Bryston 9bst amp, Linn genki cd player, 47" panny and a cheap panny dvd player. The movies are awesom and the system can play music too!

Phil

Mike Poindexter

Stunt Coordinator
I love my system. While never satisfied with its performance and always wanted to upgrade it here or there, I can instantly put it all back into perspective with a quick trip to anywhere there are electronics on display, be it in a store or at another person's home.

While most of my online info has come from AVS, I will say that either of the two forums offer an incredible amount of information on what to do to help get the best performance for the best price.

Along with Audiogon helping me find some phenomenal speakers, I now rest assured that there does not exist a CD, DVD, Laserdisc or D-theater tape that my system cannot play back every single bit of information at beyond reference levels.

While I doubt I will be satisfied for a while longer, the near perfection I seek is just around the corner. The only thing I love about my set-up more than my system's ability is to be able to share it with others.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
After going through the upgrade path for the last 8 years I have finally taken the time to enjoy my system. Its been 9 months now(crossing fingers)since I have added or upgraded to my system. I mostly watch DSS and DVd's and to that extent the MC-1 does a great job. I see alot of Paradigm and Anthem owners on this thread. Great company! I am a former Paradigm Ref owner and they are a great speak. Evan is right about the upgrade path do you shoot for better sonics with say an MC-8 or MC-12 or a Meridian. Will the 3-4k extra you spend give you that much extra in sonics? doubtful.There is a point where the improvements are very small and incremental when you get to a certain point in this hobby. I'm at the point where I now have extra $$ to buy software since I'm not upgrading equipment every 3 months and am able to kick back and enjoy the show! Wait ,Wait, I think that track could have had a much cleaner high end and a punchier bass.Damn I new I would need better DACS and pass through for DVD-A.Anyone know where I can get a good deal on an Adcom gfp750 and an MSB gold dac?:b
Later,
Steve

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
my system satisfies me for the moment but i really don't love it because i haven't reached the point where i don't want more. I just got psb minis right now i want a new amp, i want a stereo amp from NAD and a new cd player...i think i would love my system then but only for a while til i want more....that's why we are Americans...want want want....

Prathavan V

Stunt Coordinator
I too love my system. That doesn't mean I won't still "tweak" things, but I'm not actively (or passively) seeking anything new. I'm still learning stuff about my AVM-20 and that's enough for me. If/when I change anything, it'll only be my DVD player for HD-DVD.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
After a complete upgrade last summer I'm very happy with the audio portion of my HT setup. I can maybe see myself replacing the Rotel 1066 with something that has firewire and better bass management at some point in the future, but I'm in no big hurry. And the amp and speakers are definitely here to stay for a long time.

My display is a slightly different story; my Mits CRT-based HDTV is pretty decent, but I can't help but lust after the new digital RPTV's, especially the Toshiba 1080p model.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks