Do you Re-Gift? (December birthdays)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Patrick Sun, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I have a birthday in December, and I find that I do quite a bit of Re-Gifting of the presents I receive before Christmas rolls around. Do other people with December birthdays do the same? Sometimes it feels like a "White Elephant" gift-giving party for me (or passing on the fruit cake from years past...)

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    My birthday is tomorrow and since I'm a little broke this year, I have thought about doing some re-gifting. I'm not proud [​IMG]

3. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, I don't get enough gifts to be able to 're-gift'. I seem to recieve things i've asked for or actually need. If it was something from a person I didn't like then I would probably do it, but this type of thing always comes back on me. Someone finds out and then I get the crap kicked out of me for the next few weeks. [​IMG]

4. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Yes, especially with Gift Cards. They are the untraceable re-gifter...

Or you can do the return->credit->gift route. That ensures no one is the wiser.

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

is re-gifting the same as gift recycling?

i do quite a bit of recycling.

i mean, wtf am i going to do with a three pearl-lined picture frames??? it'll make the perfect secret santa gift at my office...

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Oh yeah, nothing like passing on a "WTH" gift you get from someone with little in terms of common sense.

7. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

The only time I have done this is with White Elephant gifts otherwise I almost feel a bit cheap for doing it which is why I haven't. No offense meant to anyone of course.

8. Tony Whalen

Tony Whalen Producer

Nah. I never re-gift. I usually have all my shopping done before my birthday.

However, I'm always BEYOND broke by mid-December. My b-day is the 20th, then Christmas, then my wife's b-day on the 28th.

My bank-card almost gets worn out! [​IMG]

9. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    On the flip side of the Equinox, my birthday is in early January. I usually get original (rather than regifted) goodies, but they are often in Christmas wrap. Once in Hannukah (sp?) paper.

10. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I'll be re-gifting for the first time this year. Our son is 12, and 2 years ago, my sister got him a Mr. Potatohead for his birthday. A great gift when you're 4, but not when you're 10. He never opened it, and it ended up on the top shelf of our bedroom closet, with the intention of being returned. We forgot it was up there until about a week ago when we started doing our Christmas wrapping. My wife found it, and since we were planning on getting one for our 2-year-old anyways, we decided to just re-gift. I didn't think much of it--at least now it's finally being put to use--but when I told my brother what we were doing, he sounded disgusted with me.

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Scott, don't worry, it gets easier the more you do it... [​IMG]