What's new

Do you opt to recieve an email from Amazon.com once an unreleased DVD is announced? (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
It may not do much, but any title that is not available on DVD I have Amazon.com put me on an email list for when it is announced. Of course, I will probably know as soon as they do if not earlier from my almost obsessive net perusal.

But most importantly, for those who don't know, when you sign up to be alerted, "you'll also be voting for this release; (Amazon.com will) let the studio know how many customers are waiting for this title."

I hope alot of you do this. Like I said, it may not do much, but it may help a little. Maybe in the next chat with a studio, someone can ask them if this 'release vote' has any effect on what titles they choose to release on DVD and/or with an SE version.

It would be a nice feature if Amazon publicly displayed just how many people are waiting on a particular title.

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
No....I don't do it. I work 10-12 hour days and emails like that tend to go un-checked/noticed. I don't need Amazon to "clue me in".....thats usually already taken care of.

As for helping the studio know how many are waiting for a title.....I doubt they depend much on this. Maybe a studio head should read the forums around the internet. Thats a much better indication of who's waiting for what.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
I do it -- mostly in the hopes that Amazon will indeed pass it on to the studios and that something good will come out of it. It's almost never happened that an email from them would tell me something I didn't already know though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks