What's new

Do you need a subwoofer for rear speakers? (1 Viewer)

jtc66

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Buechlein
I just got the Pioneer HTZ-BD51 in the mail, and I was trying to set it up. Through a lot of complicated wiring, we got the front 3 speakers working (center, front left, front right) However, there was no speaker wire for the subwoofer, and it wasn't wired to the reciever. Do I need the speaker wire to get the sound out of it? I KNOW I have the speaker wire situated right, and I know the speakers work... its just getting sound out of them. Also, what kind of speaker wire would I need?

jtc66

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Buechlein
Actually, for some reason, it just randomly started playing...

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
htz51-rear.jpg

Through a lot of complicated wiring, we got the front 3 speakers working (center, front left, front right)
Complicated? You run a speaker wire between the receiver and the speaker. Wash, rinse, repeat for all 5.
However, there was no speaker wire for the subwoofer
Go buy some
it wasn't wired to the reciever. Do I need the speaker wire to get the sound out of it?
Based on the image I posted above, you need speaker wire. 16ga from Wal-Mart will work fine. Connect it to the orange connection on the back of your receiver.
Actually, for some reason, it just randomly started playing...
In the 9 minutes between posts, did you go buy wire? Do you live next to a store that sells speaker wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks