What's new

Do you love Anchor Bay? Do you hate Madacy? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Madacy is based in Canada, Anchor Bay isn't. I've heard Anchor Bay sprung from Video Treasures though, which was one of those under-$10 EP-mode VHS tape companies.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I don't care Anchor Bay is an awsome DVD company
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
jasvparbanner2.jpg

www.petitiononline.com/UncutDVD

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd point out that Kraft and Malboro are owned by the same company too.
------------------

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I would love Anchor Bay is they didn't screw up so many releases with stupid things and mistakes. It's damned frustrating because they put a ton of effort into their products, only to screw it all up by leaving out the original soundtracks, or releasing uncut versions with scenes missing, etc. etc.
I pray to God they don't screw up HIGHLANDER.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Sally Struthers says:
"Do you love Anchor Bay? Do you hate Madacy?
Sure, we all do!"

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I love Anchor Bay! Despite their occasional mistakes, which haven't bothered me that much, they at least try - that and they put out titles that no other company would touch. Madacy just plain sucks. I bought their version of A Walk in the Sun and sold it off the next day - yuck!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would love Anchor Bay is they didn't screw up so many releases with stupid things and mistakes.
I was thinking the same thing, but that they seem to be getting better. I was irritated when the full-length version of "Army of Darkness" looked so much worse that the shorter version. I decided NOT to get the two disc version of "Manhunter" for the same reason, especially since the "extended" version sounded flawed otherwise as well. I have picked up 3 AB titles in the last week and am very happy with them all. Got the basic "Heathers" since BB was already out of tins by the time I got there (a nice package and only $13, I'm happy!) and I am glad to see the full length "Bad Boys" coming out next week. Way to go AB!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks