Do you live an unconventional lifestyle?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Thik Nongyow, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Thik Nongyow

Thik Nongyow Stunt Coordinator

Excluding your political and religious beliefs (which are prohibited according to forum rules so please do not bring them up), do you consider yourself unconventional or live an unconventional lifestyle? Examples of people living an unconventional lifestyle are bohemians and hippies.

I considered myself very conventional. I dress conservatively, eat the same food, drink the same drinks, like classic works over recent ones and have moderate to conservative beliefs (which are beyond the scope of this post and the forum).

2. Bill Balcziak

Bill Balcziak Supporting Actor

3. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Well, I'm a fan of the Space Moose comic. I'll refrain from posting the link here, so as not to offend those who are easily offended, and also to protect the rest of the readers' fragile little minds!

I'm not overweight either, and don't have a beer gut at 30 years of age. I guess that makes me an unconventional freak, in comparison to the conventional ones!

5. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Yes, yes I am.
    I've always marched to the beat of my own drum. I don't fit in to the nice little "mold" that many people would like me to fit into so they can feel better about themselves and keep pretending to be normal.

I'm NOT normal (according to many) but to me I'm perfectly normal...after all what is normal?

So again yes, yes I am, I do not fit into the cookie cutter lifestyle that so many people share. (NOT that there is anything wrong with that lifestyle) it's just not for me.

6. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

In general, I'm overly hateful (but hey, everybody is an ass for some reason), untrusting, very very paranoid, and don't go to bed until 5-6 am every night, even though I'm not working a night shift, or actually doing anything....

Strange, yes, but there are so many idiots in this world, a little hate isen't a bad thing.

Untrusting and paranoid, same thing, but there is always somebody up to no good, and you all know it, to deny it is just blinding yourself from reality (IMO), and the weird sleep hours, are a mix of video games, movies, and just plain not being able to sleep....

Guess I'm semi-normal.

7. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

Holy shit, you sound like me.

8. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Hell yes. I'm unique and different.

9. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    uh.... no?:b

10. Axel Wolfe

Axel Wolfe Auditioning

no , i dont think that i am conventional, i am married , 5 kids, work 70 - 80 hours a week, still find time to watch the ocasional dvd, hate conforming, if someone dosnt like me , stuff them, its there loss. i smoke, i drink, shave when i feel like it, dress in comfortable cloths, even if they are daggy.
    Axel

11. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I've got a hippo in the living room, a bathroom full of fish decorations, a Cthulhu plush doll on my truck dashboard, and I love horror movies - the gorier the better.

Oh yes, I'm perfectly normal.

12. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Carl wins.[​IMG]
    I'm decidedly normal/average. House in the 'burbs, two Hondas in the garage (and the old Camaro- leftover toy from post-HS years that I have a strange emotional attachment to), keep the yard nice, married 7.5 years, one kid, more to follow... Not really a risk taker, and live (and enjoy) a routine. I suppose I'm also decidedly moderate with my beliefs, but probably lean toward liberal more and more.
    I suppose the only thing that makes me distinct from your average suburbanite, is that I REALLY don't care what anyone thinks of me, and don't tailor my life to fit a particular mold (REALLY). I happen to fall into a certain mold, but not because I really tried to conform. It's just where I happened to fall- so be it.
    Plain old me. I like it.[​IMG]
    Todd

13. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

Julie K, where did you get a Cthulhu plush toy??? I must own one!![​IMG]
    As for the thread... No I'm not really conventional, but I am getting better.
    PS: Really how many people are going to say that they are "normal". When did being a mindless drone become something to strive-for? (No offence to Thik, who just happens to have the worlds coolest name[​IMG] )

14. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Julie, my home office is filled with fish decorations right down to the fish shaped clock sitting on my fishing boat cabinent.

I don't have a hippo in the living room though. I have a shrunken head hanging from my rear view mirror along with a Misfits crimson ghost air freshner. Horror movies are by far my most favorite of all movies. I even love the real bad B movies.:b

I'm perfectly normal too.

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

My house and way of living could be described as It Came From the Sixties. Which I do.

Though one could say the so-called "Rainbow Family" would feel perfectly at home with me, I do get off on state-of-the-art military technology--specifically, the all-new F-22 Raptor (thrust vectoring, man--and Mach capability for an entire mission!) and the Joint Strike Fighter. Gotta be realistic, alas!

There's a framed poster on my living room wall called Xochipilli Speaks, which features an image of the Aztec god of sacred plants. Arched above the stone likeness is a series of molecular representations of certain substances known for exciting the visionary powers of the mind. Across from it, on the other wall, is a framed original poster from the showcase run of the 1968 Stanley Kubrick film, 2001: A Space Odyssey, bearing the legend, "The Ultimate Trip."

I am equally at home with the likes of the late Dr. Timothy Leary as well as military strategists and, always, advocates for the exploration of space.

Make of it all what you will. (Biggest influence in my life: John Lennon.)

16. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

when i grow up...i wanna be different like everybody else!

kevin t

17. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

I'm a unique and unconventional individual...just like everybody else. [​IMG]

18. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Any good comic shop should carry the stuffed Cthulu

19. Pamela

Pamela Supporting Actor

I am a single female who lives alone and likes it that way, and who has absolutely no desire to get married. I am also a female who loves computers and HT stuff. I prefer the company of my cat to most people. I would say that's unconventional. At least my mom thinks so.

20. Tom Rhea

Tom Rhea Second Unit

Well, I'm a gay fella and apparently I'm spending the rest of my life living with a hetero life mate and his younger brother, both of whom are the brothers of my former boyfriend of ten years, who got married 1.5 years into our relationship. I can't think of anything closer to hell than trying to live out what Americans consider "normal".