What's new

Do you listen to the same song SEVERAL times in a row? (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
When I REALLY like a song, I would just sit down, press repeat, and listen to it several times in a row. Do you do that also or am I nuts? :)
Right now, its Layla (Unplugged) - Eric Clapton. I can't have enough of it.
--
Holadem

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
A new song that I really like I do this quite often. Just recentley it was Buddy and Julie Millers "Rachel". Incredible.

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
Very rarely. I try to make it a rule never to do this, but sometimes the temptation is too strong! I don't wanna wear the song out too soon. I want to be able to enjoy it just as much the next time around. And the next. And the next. That way the song appeals to me much longer.

MikeAW

Second Unit
"Skyline Pidgeon" from Elton John's sorely neglected "Empty Sky" album...the Japanese mini-lp version.

The promise of things to come, from one of the most prolific music artists of our time. The whole album is a joy to hear, but this song...with plaintive vocals and harpsichord just does me in when I'm in the mood for what the song is saying.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I find it very hard to NOT play songs I really like more than once when I listen to a CD. Latley, it has been Halo by Soil.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I do this constantly. I'll listen to the same song 8, 9, 10 times in a row on occasion.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Yes, I do this too. The downside to this is you tend to burnout on the song very quickly. :frowning:
Jon

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I go over the deep end. I can, if I need to, listen to the same song for a day or so. This is usually with a good song that's just stuck in my head and I hope that listening to it will help get it out (of course it usually just helps it stick in there longer).

When I listen to MP3s, I tend to scan my files, pick one song and then listen to it until I remember to open another or get tired of it. And then the cycle repeats.

I'm also quite content listening to the same album for weeks if it's really good.

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
not at all, and for the reason stated above! i will not listen to new music i like very much. i know this is weird, but as if i play it too much, i'll hate it and never want to listen to it again.
example: i burn about one personal complation CDR every month and add songs i like to a playlist whenever i find something new. i also have a playlist (on my computer) of all the songs on previous CDRs on my comp. i WILL NOT listen to those new songs more than once again until i've burned them, and even then, i'll play that CD sparingly. i just keep listening to my 1000-song playlist and slowly integrate these new ones. this is to ensure i always like my new music and keep it mixed in with other old stuff to make sure i never get sick of it. music is seriously a big part of my life and i cant have myself getting sick of good stuff.
ok now that everyone thinks i'm weird, its time for bed. :)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Ever since they upgraded my computer at work, I have a huge MP3 Playlist... But some songs, I will never ever get tired of and when they come, I sometimes hit "|

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
When the song is right, definitely! I've been guilty of repeating Jeff Buckley's "Forget Her" quite a bit lately. As a rule, the most ass-kicking song can get repeated a maximum of three times -- at which point I finally listen to the rest of the album.
Of course this is only with headphones or when I'm driving alone. I have a friend who will subject passengers to the same song for sometimes over an hour! I've heard Dub War's "Strike It" and Poe's band version of "Hello" about 500 times each thanks to numerous road trips with the guy.
Friends don't let friends repeat songs! :)

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
All the time! Recently, all I wanted to hear was Roger Waters' 'Amused to Death' (the song, not the album).

But my most obscene song repetition experience happened earlier this year when me and a buddy drove from New York to Houston. We popped in the Linkin Park cd and it stayed on repeat during the entire non-stop 27 hour trip.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I don't tend to unless I buy a single and b-sides are really wrong. Prefer to stick it on a compilation with other similars if it's the only good track or something.
When The Bodyguard came out I seem to remember some woman got arrested for playing that Whitney track over and over and over and over... :D

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I have been like that with a few tracks on Cher's latest album. "A Song For The Lonely," "A Different Kind of Love," and "Love One Another" are all great tracks.

Another one that I have been listening over and over to since this past Saturday is Pat Benatar's "Christmas In America." Another great song that radio is letting slip right one by.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I once drove across the state of Arkansas listening to "Tall Cool One" by Robert Plant. It made the time pass quickly. :)
- Steve

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I don't usually play it right after I just listened to it. But I will listen to it later in the day. Recently I did play Paul McCartney's "Freedom" twice in a row though. That song just really makes me feel good.

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
Sometimes I'll do this, especially if the song is very long or has various "parts" to it. A good example would be "All of the Above" by Transatlantic. When I first heard it I was listening to it 4 or 5 times a day, and that's alot since the song is roughly 31 minutes in length!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
I do it constantly, with songs and (for the most part) classic music or select cues from film scores. Heck, I am doing it as I type this, I have the 'Journey in the Dark' cue from Fellowship of the Ring on repeat play. :)
Dan (UK)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks