What's new

Do you like your name? If not, what would you rather be called? (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
My wife's ex-roomate decided when she met me that there were not enough men named Bob in her life. So instead of calling me by my first name, I was always referred to as Bob. It was pretty cool. As a follow up, I worked for a community radio station in Charlottesville (very cool, modern rock, no commercials 91.9 WNRN) and my handle was Jason Roberts. A neat inside joke for my friends and I.
I am sadly no longer referred to as Bob, just Jason. :frowning:

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
I'm comfy with Alan, but not wild about it... I use Adam for some pseudonyms, because it's close, but a bit more percussive and butch...
Hey now... Butch; there's an idea... :D

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I've always liked.....Bob Malukalukaluka
Not sure if someone already has it yet though? :)
Trivia: What movie is that name from?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, considering my name is John, I don't think it gets any more basic than that, unless my last name was Smith. :) I have no problem with my name, though some say I don't look like a "John". No toilet comments, thank you. :rolleyes
I always liked the name Zaphod Beeblebrox. ;)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I saw a snipet on the web that said [the tire company] was offering to pay for anyone with the last name Dunlop, to legally change their last name to "Dunlop-tire". They would also receiver either a discount on or one set of free tires. This was a promotional stunt due to a significant anniversary for the company, and it said that nobody had yet taken them up on the offer. (I don't know if it is true or not, but entertaining).
smiley_stupid.gif

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I dont dislike my legal name, I've just never gone by it... even since the day I was born. My father and maternal grandfather are both Charles as well (although my grandfather died before I was born) and my parents did not want the confusion. My dad goes by Charlie, and I have always been CJ (Charles Joseph) even my business cards say CJ. The only thing that really pisses me off about it is that HTF wouldnt let me register CJ or any variation and I tried about 4 times before they took Charles J P :angry: Oh well.

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
Jagan. I pronounce it like " Jaggin' ".

My parents gave me a 'western' middle name in case I wanted to use that, but Jagan beat out my middle name hands down.

My surname however...I'm used to it now but Seshadri is just a tongue twister, I'm sorry.

-JNS

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
My middle name is Ash... So, as a child, I took endless amounts of crap and being called "Ashley"... But, then I discovered Evil Dead, and the name became cool... Then the Crow, and it gave me another excuse to tell people to go to hell... Anyway, I always liked it :)
But, if I could change my name, I believe my only real choice would have to be (and I owe it to myself):
Howie Feltersnatch

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks