Do you like IKEA?

As being a swede I have to ask this!

Do you shop allot there?

What about the furniture names?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
We have some Ikea pieces in our house, bookshelves and the like. I feel it's decent quality furniture for the money and since we live very casually, it fits right in with our lifestyle. Their names for the furniture seem silly to me, but maybe they make better sense in the original language ;) .

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Then I'll have to make up some really phony but realistic-sounding explanation for the name of the massive bookcase in the living room, which is the "Expedit". I'll just tell visitors that it means "Giant Bookcase" :D .

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Then I'll have to make up some really phony but realistic-sounding explanation for the name of the massive bookcase in the living room, which is the "Expedit". I'll just tell visitors that it means "Giant Bookcase"
Expedit means Clerk!

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Who doesn't? We're really lucky here. We already have an Ikea in one of our suburbs (Richmond) but its a little bit of a drive from where I live in Coquitlam (another suburb of Vancouver) but we are getting another Ikea only 5 minutes from where I live and this thing is freaking huge! It looks to be twice the size of the one in Richmond and will be open in April I believe so I can see my wife heading there more often.

Patrick

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I have to drive 2 and a half hours to get to the nearest ikea, but it's worth it.
Does anyone else find making the furniture worth the price itself.:)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Ikea is ok for certain things. If I want something really good then I go elsewhere for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ixlr8