What's new

Do you know enough about the US to become a citizen? (1 Viewer)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I got 34/35. The only one I missed was the question about the Naturalization Form.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
All right you Canadians who did very well on this test! Give me a chance to find an equivalent Canadian test and let's see how well you do with questions from your own country!
Remember! Any Canadian who flunks the test must be deported to the United States for immediate assimilation! :D

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I did it 8 times... the only one I got wrong was "Can the constitution be changed?"

I answered "no" with the notion that the Constitution cannot be "altered," only "ammended."
However, that didn't fly... the question should be worded more appropriately.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm only 16 years old and I got all the ones I did right. I did about 4 sets of questions. I haven't even taken US History yet (well, 8th grade was sort of an intro to it).

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
29/30 - I can see how a non-native would have to study.

François, if you find that test, I'd like to take it!!!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thanks for the link, Mike. My wife will be applying for naturalization this year. Although she might have to push it off to study for this test. :D
Perhaps they're still not as strict, just as they weren't with me when I took the test 11 years ago. I blew off studying for the exam...went into the room with the officer and immediately failed 2 out of the first three questions. She paused, looked at me quizically then passed me on the spot.
She said that because my Minnesota-Wisconsin fusion vernacular rendered me too much of an American, she couldn't find it in herself to fail me.
I don't think my wife will slide using that exception...unless the officers take a shining to her Japanese-Minnesotan slang.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
what president freed the slaves?....they're talking about the emancipation proclamation correct?....well that didn't free all the slaves....i'm pretty sure that the slaves in the border states were not affected by it
Yes, that was a very oversimplified, PC question for sure.. I guess they had to slip one in there.

Lincoln's still my favorite president and one of the few "heroes" I have.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I know I was born here, and that's all I need, baby! Hahahahahhaha
4/5 first try :b :b
5/5 second :D

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
Another product of the dumbing down of middle aged America. Who wrote these questions? A first grade teacher for her class? It's time these 40-60 y/o hangers on in the govt find a new job or retire. :D
40/40

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
39/40
Missed one about the duration of elected Representatives. I answered 6yrs, thinking of Senators instead of Reps.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
43/45 :b

I had no idea which amendment didn't involve voting rights, and I didn't read the question asking "who elects Congress" properly, I saw the answer "Electoral College", assumed the question was asking "who elects the Prez" and got it wrong...

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
20/20 - but that's not really fair because I got my BA in Political Science...

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I kept clicking until a couple of questions repeated. About 60-70 questions, I think. I was surprised. I only missed 2. The one about a Senator's term. I thought for sure it was 2 years. I also missed the one about what Congress does. That was a trick question. ;) 2 answers where very very similar to me.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
20/20. Must've been all those years as a Cub Scout leader, teaching citizenship.

Only 5/9 on the Canadian test. My Canadian mother will be very disappointed.

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
On the Canadian one, I got 3/9. That's alright, I didn't want to go there anyway!!!

Oh, and you get 2 "50:50", but no "Lifelines". What kind of test is this?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks