Do you insure you HT

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kevin. W, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I was taking to a friend about my HT setup the other day when he mentioned I spend a lot of money on it. That got me to thinking. How much would it cost to replace everything in the event of fire/flood/theft. To get full replacement value I was looking at $16K[​IMG]
    for equipment and videos. So I contacted my insurance company to see if I needed additional home insurance. Was told I was already covered, just take pictures and drop them off to be put in my file.

Kevin

2. BobJ

BobJ Stunt Coordinator

Checking your coverage to see if your HT gear is always a good idea. I have mine insured, along with my dvd collection as part of my homeonwer's policy with replacement cost coverage.

3. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Take pictures, make copies of your reciepts, record serial numbers, and put it all in your safe deposit box. Oh yeah, and include reciepts for your interconnects and cables too. They can run up to a chunk of change.

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

I think it's also a good idea to go over a potential scenario with your agent just to make sure what you think you're insured for is really that. IOW if your now, no longer made Mark Levinson amp and speakers are stolen, just what is going to be the nature of the replacement? Also sometimes replacement means fair market value. But good idea for sure [​IMG]